Question Why does my computer keep freezing

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
I was downloading a game thru gog galaxy and it suddenly freezed. I don't think that my cpu or video card is overheating. I just reinstalled windows 10. I tested the memory and no problems there. Hard drive have been running fine. It just started doing this. I have had this motherboard and cpu over a year. Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? A freeze can either come from a corruption in OS, a death in your HDD due to lack of power or the failing of a PSU or an issue with your peripherals. Your last thread had one of my colleagues ask for specs, please make sure you include it, so we can help you out. Otherwise, we'll be left guessing.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? A freeze can either come from a corruption in OS, a death in your HDD due to lack of power or the failing of a PSU or an issue with your peripherals. Your last thread had one of my colleagues ask for specs, please make sure you include it, so we can help you out. Otherwise, we'll be left guessing.

Intel 8700K 3.70
MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard Z370
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB
Seagate 12 TB Hard Drive
Western Digital 6 TB
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M2
EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Corsair TX850M Power Supply
NZXT Phantom
Windows 10 Home

TRENDING THREADS