Question Why does my computer keep locking up ?

Feb 24, 2021
I'm at a loss with this. Initially this started a few weeks ago with escape from tarkov randomly freezing and locking up my entire PC. No keyboard or audio response, and would require a hard restart. This would happen 1 or 2 times an hour and occasionally I would get a quick blue screen flash on the screen and it would restart. 2 days later it bluescreened with no description and wouldn't reboot.

I have 4 drives on my computer and the 2 year old WD m.2 sad that had my OS was toast with a complete loss of data. I replaced that with a Samsung 980 evo NVMe m.2 and did a fresh install on windows. Everything seemed fine until I tried to play EFT again. Game ran until I loaded in a raid and it bluescreened. But the blue screen would flash really fast with no error message. This happened about 3 or 4 times while trying to load back in. It got to a point where I no longer got blue screens but just lock up my computer completely while just trying to load into a map. Rocketleague wouldn't even run as it would crash during games.

I've narrowed it down to my gpu after fiddling around with kombustor and it would crash even while underclocked running the program. Here's what I've done to troubleshoot:

• RAM diagnostic tool,
  • driver easy updated all drivers,
  • underclocked,
  • 10 minute cinebench CPU stress test,
  • clean installed newest nvidia drivers for card,
  • updated chipset,
  • checked temps (kraken g12 so they don't go above 64c),
  • fresh windows install,
  • disabled antivirus,
  • Reseated GPU

I did notice after reseating GPU the issues went away, but it still crashed in tarkov. Is it a dying card? Power supply?software? Or anything else?

Feb 24, 2021
1)uninstall driver easy. go to the manufacturer website to download driver

full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
09l
I have tried manually installing all of the graphics and chipset related drivers but I can try that.
My build is
CPU: ryzen 5 3600x

GPU: asus 1080 turbo OC

RAM: corsair vengeance rgb 3500 mhz 16gb

PSU: thermaltake smart rgb 700w 80+
white

MB: Gigabyte aorus b450 elite

Drives: OS- Samsung 970 evo nvme m.2 500gb Games- Samsung 960 evo ssd 1tb Games2- crucial p1 nvme m.2 1tb videos- seagate barracuda 1tb hdd,

cooling- kraken g12 and evga 240mm aio for GPU, corsair h100i 240mm aio