[SOLVED] Why does my computer keep restarting after installing new graphics card and power supply?

May 7, 2020
I just installed a new RTX 2060 GPU and since then I've also installed a Garbage 625W PSU. Knowing the PSU was bad, I just bought a 700W thermaltake one and I just ran into the same issue I had with the garbage one.

I'd be randomly on google or watching videos, not even playing intense games to stress the gpu, and my computer will just freeze. After like 10 seconds it just powers off and powers back on. I have no idea on how to fix this problem, and I dont know where to begin.

I use 2 monitors, and the one is plugged into my graphics card, and ironically enough, when the computer freezes, the monitor plugged into the GPU goes black while my other one stays lit until it shuts off for a restart.

Solution
That power supply as I suspected is garbage for any system running a dedicated GPU. It’s low efficiency and group regulated, it doesn’t even offer the full 700 watts. You need to return it ASAP.

A quality power supply is no cheap part. The absolute cheapest I’d go is a Corsair CX550 bronze unit. Even though it is bronze, it’s performance is really good and reviewed by Jonnyguru.com.
I just installed a new RTX 2060 GPU and since then I've also installed a Garbage 625W PSU. Knowing the PSU was bad, I just bought a 700W thermaltake one and I just ran into the same issue I had with the garbage one.

I'd be randomly on google or watching videos, not even playing intense games to stress the gpu, and my computer will just freeze. After like 10 seconds it just powers off and powers back on. I have no idea on how to fix this problem, and I dont know where to begin.

I use 2 monitors, and the one is plugged into my graphics card, and ironically enough, when the computer freezes, the monitor plugged into the GPU goes black while my other one stays lit until it shuts off for a restart.
Full system specs? Exact PSU model? Just because it says Thermaltake doesn’t make it a good PSU, plenty are also garbage for a system with a dedicated GPU. Even a Corsair, EVGA or Seasonic can be a bad PSU if you buy the cheap one, as they are usually “farmed” out to other companies for production.

May 7, 2020
Full system specs? Exact PSU model? Just because it says Thermaltake doesn’t make it a good PSU, plenty are also garbage for a system with a dedicated GPU. Even a Corsair, EVGA or Seasonic can be a bad PSU if you buy the cheap one, as they are usually “farmed” out to other companies for production.
Hi, I bought the Thermaltake from bestbuy so I'd hope its a good model. It's a SMART 700W
p/n: ps-spd-0700npcwus-1
s/n psspd0700npcwus1ufv03864

The rest of my specs are here:
intel core i6 -4770k cpu @ 3.50 GHz
16.0 GB of ram
Nvidia rtx 2060 gpu (newest drivers)
Lenovo sharkbay

May 7, 2020
another question if you would, could it have been all along that I was in the red with my files and storage space? i just cleared it out now anyways.

That power supply as I suspected is garbage for any system running a dedicated GPU. It’s low efficiency and group regulated, it doesn’t even offer the full 700 watts. You need to return it ASAP.

A quality power supply is no cheap part. The absolute cheapest I’d go is a Corsair CX550 bronze unit. Even though it is bronze, it’s performance is really good and reviewed by Jonnyguru.com.

Solution
May 7, 2020
Recently my old power supply blew and it fried my GPU at the time. I recently bought an RTX 2060 GPU and also installed a Thermaltake 700W PSU and hoped for it to work again with more upgrades than before. As of right now, my computer freezes on the spot and continues to do this. I'm just curious to know what can actually be wrong, I ran a memory test and it came back fine. the rest of my specs are here:

Windows 10
intel i7-4770 3.5 ghz
16.0 GB ram
RTX 2060 Nvidia graphics
sharkbay mother board

Recently my old power supply blew and it fried my GPU at the time. I recently bought an RTX 2060 GPU and also installed a Thermaltake 700W PSU and hoped for it to work again with more upgrades than before. As of right now, my computer freezes on the spot and continues to do this. I'm just curious to know what can actually be wrong, I ran a memory test and it came back fine. the rest of my specs are here:

Windows 10
intel i7-4770 3.5 ghz
16.0 GB ram
RTX 2060 Nvidia graphics
sharkbay mother board
Looks like you have a history of buying cheap power supplies. That Thermaltake is good for an office PC without a GPU. It has a 12v ripple and is garbage for any PC with a dedicated GPU. Even if it wasn’t the power supply right now, it needs to be at the top of your replace list if you want to game reliably. 12v ripple will cause your CPU and GPU to receive unreliable amounts of power. Why would a pc freeze?

May 7, 2020
Looks like you have a history of buying cheap power supplies. That Thermaltake is good for an office PC without a GPU. It has a 12v ripple and is garbage for any PC with a dedicated GPU. Even if it wasn’t the power supply right now, it needs to be at the top of your replace list if you want to game reliably. 12v ripple will cause your CPU and GPU to receive unreliable amounts of power. Why would a pc freeze?
any recommendations of a power supply I should look into?