Question Why does my computer shows some tiny, moving, fuzzy, lines on the display?

Aug 15, 2019
Happening for a couple of days now. My computer suddenly started to show these lines on the display (almost like what you'd see on older crt TV's when there was no picture, only way less than them). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling (clean) graphics driver, removing graphics card and connecting the monitor through motherboard vga output, changing ram sticks. Nothing worked. Resolution is default, refresh rate is set at 60hz and scalling is at 100%. I don't have another system to connect the monitor to check it, but i enabled the LCD conditioning option in the monitor menu, and when the black screen appeared there was no lines. So I think it's not the monitor's fault, it's a problem in the computer. Now I want to know what's causing these lines? Is it on hardware level or software level? Is it fixable?

CPU- AMD FX-6300
MB- Gigabyte ga-78lmt usb3
GPU- Nvidia Gt 1030
Ram- HyperX FURY 8GB
Display- Dell E1916HV

*Edit- I checked later and the flickering lines appears on the bios menu also (not sure if it's useful)

Last edited:

crackz

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
I think I know what you're talking about.
Have u been overclocking your CPU?

Go to BIOS
What's HT Link set at?
What's NB frequency set at?

I have the same CPU, but different motherboard and if I overclock these settings I experience the same kind of CRT lines.
My HT Link and NB frequency are both at 2000.
Don't increase these settings as it can damage your components.

Set HT Link and NB frequency to 2000

Aug 15, 2019
I think I know what you're talking about.
Have u been overclocking your CPU?

Go to BIOS
What's HT Link set at?
What's NB frequency set at?

I have the same CPU, but different motherboard and if I overclock these settings I experience the same kind of CRT lines.
My HT Link and NB frequency are both at 2000.
Don't increase these settings as it can damage your components.

Set HT Link and NB frequency to 2000
I have overclocked the gpu before but not recently. It's not overclocked at the moment. I don't even have any overclocking application. When I overclocked before, it didn't happen then. I'm only noticing it now.
HT link- Auto 2000 Mhz
NB frequency- 2000 Mhz
I changed them both to x10 (2000 mhz) but the problem is still there.

Last edited:

crackz

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
Both of them must be the same
Set them both to 2000 and the lines should be gone. It does affect performance if they are both set at different values like you have it.

Also check your GPU clocks and compare to stock clocks from manufacturers website. Uninstalling the overclocking software doesn't change your overclock to stock.

Aug 15, 2019
GPU is set at default clocks.
GPU clock- 1228 mhz, Memory- 1502 mhz, Boost- 1468 mhz.
HT &NB both at 2000 Mhz. The lines are still there.
They are not very disturbing though. It's almost unnoticeable if one doesn't take close look. But I'm afraid the problem might escalate later and create even bigger problem.
At this point, I think it might be a problem in the MB

crackz

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
Verify if its the motherboards fault. Turn off your PC, unplug the video cable from the GPU output and plug it into the video port on the motherboard. If the lines are still there, then it's your motherboards fault. If the lines stay, then it's your GPU.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS