[SOLVED] Why does my computerscreen not respond?

93ksar

Prominent
Jul 21, 2019
Hi all!

Need some tips!

I have recently put together a computer with the following components:

CPU = AMD – Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad Core
Motherboard = ASRock – B450M – HDV R4.0 Micro TX AM4
Memory= Crucial 4 GB DDR4 x 2
Storage = Toshiba – 500 GB 3.5 7200RPM
Case = BitFenix – Nova ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply = Seasonic – M12II EVO 520 W

When I start the computer nothing happens on the screen? Does anyone have any tips what the issue could be?
I have checked the screen with another computer and that worked fine.

Solution
Maybe I just have made a wrong cableconnection somewhere. Is there a specific cable that need to be connected to the motherboard in
There's no connection that goes from monitor to motherboard except the signal cable, i.e., HDMI/VGA/Display Port. Other than that, inside the case, the motherboard must have the 24-pin big connector for power, and a 4-pin/8-pin power connector for the CPU - make sure you didn't use a PCI-E connector for power to the CPU, the CPU power connectors are labelled CPU or EPS. Also, since you have 2 RAM sticks, did you try removing one of them? Also try doing a CMOS reset.
Hi all!

Need some tips!

I have recently put together a computer with the following components:

CPU = AMD – Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad Core
Motherboard = ASRock – B450M – HDV R4.0 Micro TX AM4
Memory= Crucial 4 GB DDR4 x 2
Storage = Toshiba – 500 GB 3.5 7200RPM
Case = BitFenix – Nova ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply = Seasonic – M12II EVO 520 W

When I start the computer nothing happens on the screen? Does anyone have any tips what the issue could be?
I have checked the screen with another computer and that worked fine.
Could be a bad cable, or something else. Try a different monitor using the same cable, see if it gives you the same issue. Does the system start up fine, no beeps/error codes? All fans spin up? Try removing one stick of RAM and booting with only one installed. If the issue stays, try the other stick.

93ksar

Prominent
Jul 21, 2019
Could be a bad cable, or something else. Try a different monitor using the same cable, see if it gives you the same issue. Does the system start up fine, no beeps/error codes? All fans spin up? Try removing one stick of RAM and booting with only one installed. If the issue stays, try the other stick.

I will try a different monitor when I can get my hands on one. I try swaping around the ram-sticks which did not work. I get no beeps or anything and then fans spins the way they should.

Maybe I just have made a wrong cableconnection somewhere. Is there a specific cable that need to be connected to the motherboard in
There's no connection that goes from monitor to motherboard except the signal cable, i.e., HDMI/VGA/Display Port. Other than that, inside the case, the motherboard must have the 24-pin big connector for power, and a 4-pin/8-pin power connector for the CPU - make sure you didn't use a PCI-E connector for power to the CPU, the CPU power connectors are labelled CPU or EPS. Also, since you have 2 RAM sticks, did you try removing one of them? Also try doing a CMOS reset.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS