Question why does my cpu not let me overclock above 3.9ghz (ryzen 5 2600)

Nov 8, 2019
when I overclock my cpu to 4.00 ghz ( I seen youtube video) as linked here,
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f6PKLIgEoI
, my pc freezes when launcxhing certain games such as rainbow six siege and also my motherboard does not have XMP it is the b450-f and I cant get my ram to run at 3200mhz, as last time my pc just froze.

Could anyone please help, thank you

Nov 8, 2019
Also at christmas i'm planning on putting a rtx 2070 super into my system, would there be any sort of bottleneck and if not would it run fine?

DSzymborski

Titan
I would not try overclocking with this PSU, you're already using one that's inappropriate for a build like this. Kolink has some decent PSUs at the top-end of their product list, but this is a group-regulated hec PSU that can't even handle 400W of +12V power. An adequate power supply for someone with an office build or a GPU like a 1050 Ti, but really shouldn't be used at all in this scenario.

when I overclock my cpu to 4.00 ghz ( I seen youtube video) as linked here,
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f6PKLIgEoI
, my pc freezes when launcxhing certain games such as rainbow six siege and also my motherboard does not have XMP it is the b450-f and I cant get my ram to run at 3200mhz, as last time my pc just froze.

Could anyone please help, thank you

It's called a silicon lottery for a reason. Anything above mfg. stated ratings is in no way guaranteed. I feel lucky if I get all cores to 3.8 @ stock voltage

Reactions: Phaaze88
Nov 8, 2019
alright, thanks for the suggestion, would it be better if I got the one that TJ suggested but in the 750w version, so then in the future if I want I have plenty more power for upgrades to CPU ect.

DSzymborski

Titan
alright, thanks for the suggestion, would it be better if I got the one that TJ suggested but in the 750w version, so then in the future if I want I have plenty more power for upgrades to CPU ect.

You could, though it's not really necessary unless there's a chance you go really high-end with the parts and overclock aggressively. 650W is usually more than enough for typical 100ish W CPU, single GPU builds.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

TRENDING THREADS