[SOLVED] Why does my display turn off when i play games?

Jan 19, 2020
I've just recently built a budget PC for gaming but whenever I try to play games with my graphics card my display turns off, then on and shows "no display" even though my PC is still running. I have tried the graphics card in another PC where it works fine. I've even tried another graphics card which works in my other PC but it did the same thing. Right now i'm playing games with my integrated graphics instead of the card and its fine, PCIe Slot maybe? any solutions??

My PC specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
RAM: 8gb
GPU: MSI AERO RX 560
MB: Gigabyte a320m-h
PSU: Corsair VS450

Solution
When a graphics card is used for games, the power draw increases.
I suspect that your VS450 PSU is the problem.
They are not considered to be quality units.
See if you can't test with a known good psu.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
This is what I suspect. Is it new or you had it from a previous build?
Its most likely the PSU, if you can change it out with another unit, that would help with troubleshooting.

It also might be a faulty GPU, but you wont fully know until you either try it in another proven working system, or if you change out the PSU. I'd recommend a 550ww/500w PSU instead with a bronze/gold efficiency rating.

Jan 19, 2020
[/QUOTE]
Its most likely the PSU, if you can change it out with another unit, that would help with troubleshooting.

It also might be a faulty GPU, but you wont fully know until you either try it in another proven working system, or if you change out the PSU. I'd recommend a 550ww/500w PSU instead with a bronze/gold efficiency rating.
Hey, I've tested my GPU in another computer so I don't think that's the problem, thanks for the advice I'll look around!

Hey, I've tested my GPU in another computer so I don't think that's the problem, thanks for the advice I'll look around!
[/QUOTE]
Can you use the psu from the other computer to verify if yours is bad?
No sense in buying a new psu if that is not the problem.

Jan 19, 2020
Can you use the psu from the other computer to verify if yours is bad?
No sense in buying a new psu if that is not the problem.
[/QUOTE]
I looked at my older power supply and its only 350w, Should i still swap out my powersupply?

TRENDING THREADS