Why does my drive have so little capacity?

DylanL31

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
I have been having problems with the disk percentage on my laptop for a while now with it shooting up to 100% for the smallest tasks, so I ran a test with Hd Tune and everything for the most part came out normal, one question is if 33 degrees Celsius (91 F) is normal temperature for the drive, but the real red flag was that It says I have 1000 G capacity but only 3 G available. Especially when I recently factory reset my computer. Could really use someone's input on the situation.

DylanL31

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
Thank you for your response. I went to action and sorted by disk list and it said that capacity was 951 Gb with only 7 Mb of unallocated space, And that the partition style was GPT.

DylanL31

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
These are the partitions as indicated by hd sentinel
Partition Information

C: WINDOWS (Disk: #0)
907.2 GB
794.3 GB
88 %

D: RECOVERY (Disk: #0)
23.2 GB
2.7 GB
12 %

So apparently its the recovery that has no storage, also the the drives are all defragmented and all the smart readings say that they're OK, But it does say their are 5 flags. self preserving, error rate, performance, statistical, critical. So that doesn't sound very good

DylanL31

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
the only other things I can find are two blank volumes on the disk management that came back healthy. if it isn't those I have no idea how to find it. I think I'm gonna have to call hp and ask them to just replace it.