[SOLVED] Why does my entire system go nuts every time a Windows update happens?

Thomor

Reputable
Dec 2, 2019
I got my new PC at the end of October and have done 2 Windows updates since then. Every single time I do one the system has a fit and everything breaks, then randomly fixes itself. I'll give an example of what happened on the 2nd update I did today.

First, I shut down the PC with updates, went out for a few hours.
Came back home, turned on the PC... goes to a black screen and says please select proper boot device and try again. RAM LED's are also not on, all other LED's are on. (first time this ever happened).
I restart the PC and go into BIOS to make sure my M.2 drive is showing up, it is, and it is first on priority in boot devices.
I save and exit BIOS, restarts, same screen, please select proper boot device.
I restart a few more times, on the third or so try I get a different response; 1 long beep 3 short beeps from the Motherboard. According to the manual that is a Graphics Card Error.
Not knowing how to solve it I restart another time, no more graphics card error, I get a loading circle on the pre-OS screen saying "Updating your system". When that is done it goes back to the black screen "Please select proper boot device".
I restart again, it updates again, then finally goes into Windows, Windows update finishes configuring, RAM LED's come back on. Everything fixes itself.

WHY and HOW?! Am I going to spend 30 mins messing around with various random errors that appear and disappear everytime there is an update?

System specs are as follows if it matters, would welcome any insight to this weirdness.

B450 Aorus Elite Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
AMD Radeon 590 XFX Fatboy Edition
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz 16GB
Adata SX6000 1TB M.2
Corsair 650W PSU