Question Why does my external HDD appears like this?

Since your HDD is in an external case the computer is communicating via the USB interface to a controller board in the external hardware which then translates commands for the drive. So your computer is saying you are communicating with the USB device in the enclosure.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
That's not disk management, that's device management.

I'm asking because above may be correct, it may appear as a USB device as it is plugged in externally via USB.
The Disk Management will identify if it is being detected and used as it should.

omarelghozlany

Prominent
Feb 21, 2018
Since your HDD is in an external case the computer is communicating via the USB interface to a controller board in the external hardware which then translates commands for the drive. So your computer is saying you are communicating with the USB device in the enclosure.
but other external HDDs like my WD Elements appear as it's default name.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Benchmarks can always be taken with a pinch of salt, for example M2 NVME drives always appear to be lightning fast in benchmarks, but effectively no different in practice. The type of data being transferred and where it is being transferred from also makes a difference.

I would just ensure you have all appropriate drivers up to date, and from disk management, the drive appears to be set up fine.

omarelghozlany

Prominent
Feb 21, 2018
Benchmarks can always be taken with a pinch of salt, for example M2 NVME drives always appear to be lightning fast in benchmarks, but effectively no different in practice. The type of data being transferred and where it is being transferred from also makes a difference.

I would just ensure you have all appropriate drivers up to date, and from disk management, the drive appears to be set up fine.
already done that, Latest windows 10 update, latest drivers using Driver booster, i think that this Hdd requires USB3 port and my MoBo only has 6 USB2 ports.
knowing that my WD Elements HDD copy speed is about 24mbps\sec using USB2 port as i mentioned before.