Question Why does my game become slow when I have 240+ fps after unplugging my HDMI from my computer to my elgato hd60 s capture card?

Nov 11, 2018
So I have a Gaming pc and a streaming pc. My gaming pc is hooked up to a 144hz monitor. When I connect my hdmi to the elgato hd60s I am having some issue with the smoothness of the game. I have 2070 rtx graphics card I7 processor and 16gb storage. I can notice this especially when I just unplug the hdmi from the capture card and plug it back in. When I have it plugged in it says Im getting 240+ fps but doesn't seem like it, it just isn't smooth and kind of laggy. But as soon as I unplug the hdmi from the capture card the screen flickers and then its smooth again. how do I fix this so I can stream and play games? It only does this on fortnite. being the only game i really play.

CPU: I7 -8700 3.2 ghz
Motherboard: ms-7b22
GPU: Nvidia 2070 GTX
Ram: 16GB

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You will also need to list the games you're playing on the system and their in-game detail levels. you could also try reinstalling your GPU drivers and see if that changes your experience. You should also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.