[SOLVED] Why does my GPU not perform in games how it does in FurMark stress test?

Oct 13, 2019
Hi would really appreciate an answer for this, I've googled a bunch and tried a few different things in order to get my GPU to perform how I have seen it perform in FurMark but i cannot.

My Specs
CPU: 2700 X stock wraith prism cooler
GPU: 5700 XT gigabyte wind force OC (not overclocked)
RAM: 8GB consair vengeance 3200MHz (one stick was broke on arival)
Motherboard: MSI B450 pro carbon gaming ac
Storage: 500gb wd black sn750 nvme M.2 SSD +2TB HDD
monitor: MSI MAG241CP 1080p 144hz
PSU: seasonic prime gold 650W

So in FurMark the card scored around 8700, and 141 FPS, and clocked at 1730 MHz max, and drew 236W of power max. In games though the GPU seems to only draw up to 90-100 W and clocks at 900-1000 MHZ with the maximum ive seen outside of FurMarK being 1300 MHz. And games are running below 60 FPS in some cases and in others the FPS is below what the benchmarks online have shown the 5700 XT can achieve, sometimes by up to 100 frames. Also my friend playing the same game (outward) on a laptop is getting better FPS with a 1070 at 1440p.. Would really like to know if theres a way to get my card to perform as well as it is able to in games.

Thanks!

Solution
Where do i find high performance mode? I have messed around with the Radeon settings quite a bit to try and fix things. I cant seem to get it to perform properly in games, even when I thought I had set a minimum clock frequency of 1400 MHz it was still maxing out at ~800 MHz in game and drawing less than 100W of power. I know the card is fine from the furmark test where it clocked ovver 1700 MHZ, so how to get it to perform like that in games and give me the FPS inline with benchmarks online.
AMD frequency is weird personally i'd set it to auto OC in global wattman.

Windows high performance in settings. Just type in power in the settings search bar and it should come up.
Hi would really appreciate an answer for this, I've googled a bunch and tried a few different things in order to get my GPU to perform how I have seen it perform in FurMark but i cannot.

My Specs
CPU: 2700 X stock wraith prism cooler
GPU: 5700 XT gigabyte wind force OC (not overclocked)
RAM: 8GB consair vengeance 3200MHz (one stick was broke on arival)
Motherboard: MSI B450 pro carbon gaming ac
Storage: 500gb wd black sn750 nvme M.2 SSD +2TB HDD
monitor: MSI MAG241CP 1080p 144hz
PSU: seasonic prime gold 650W

So in FurMark the card scored around 8700, and 141 FPS, and clocked at 1730 MHz max, and drew 236W of power max. In games though the GPU seems to only draw up to 90-100 W and clocks at 900-1000 MHZ with the maximum ive seen outside of FurMarK being 1300 MHz. And games are running below 60 FPS in some cases and in others the FPS is below what the benchmarks online have shown the 5700 XT can achieve, sometimes by up to 100 frames. Also my friend playing the same game (outward) on a laptop is getting better FPS with a 1070 at 1440p.. Would really like to know if theres a way to get my card to perform as well as it is able to in games.

Thanks!
Sounds like you have something ticked in settings. Are you on high performance mode? Check your radeon settings etc.

Oct 13, 2019
Sounds like you have something ticked in settings. Are you on high performance mode? Check your radeon settings etc.
Where do i find high performance mode? I have messed around with the Radeon settings quite a bit to try and fix things. I cant seem to get it to perform properly in games, even when I thought I had set a minimum clock frequency of 1400 MHz it was still maxing out at ~800 MHz in game and drawing less than 100W of power. I know the card is fine from the furmark test where it clocked ovver 1700 MHZ, so how to get it to perform like that in games and give me the FPS inline with benchmarks online.

AMD frequency is weird personally i'd set it to auto OC in global wattman.

Windows high performance in settings. Just type in power in the settings search bar and it should come up.

Solution