[SOLVED] Why does my gpu say it needs power , and has a signal, but when I connect the 8 pin connecter, (it’s from another psu) there is no signal

Solution
If by "cable from another PSU" you mean that you are reusing modular cables from a different PSU, keep in mind that there is no standard for modular cables between PSU vendors and even between product lines from the same vendors. Unless the PSU the other cable came from is for the exact same model, there is a chance that pinouts are different and the wrong voltages are being sent to the wrong places. Worst case, you may have fried your whole system by sending 12V down the 3.3V rail.

InvalidError

Titan
If by "cable from another PSU" you mean that you are reusing modular cables from a different PSU, keep in mind that there is no standard for modular cables between PSU vendors and even between product lines from the same vendors. Unless the PSU the other cable came from is for the exact same model, there is a chance that pinouts are different and the wrong voltages are being sent to the wrong places. Worst case, you may have fried your whole system by sending 12V down the 3.3V rail.

Solution

Oxicoi

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
Specs, Xeon x5675
12gb ram
Gtx 1070
I used to run 2 PSU's before as I wanted to "gain" more wattage to my system. For me, it somehow worked. I should probably tinker with that again..... anyway..

I'm going to assume that the PSU is well enough for the GPU only as many GPU's don't contain that much if it were to be used with a single PSU. I presume also that you may not be using the right "8 pin" connector. Those connectors can be used for a CPU also, you know.

Double check.