Question Why does my headphones sound weird

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
My headset (Steelseries Arctis 7) makes this weird sound when I was listening to this song that had a lot of bass at some parts, and when i would max out the volume, the headset will like produce a blown bass sound (sounds broken, almost like memes). Really hard to explain :/
I tried listening to the same song but using my RHA in ear earphones, i tried maxing out the volume but nothing happened out of the ordinary, just loud music, none of the blown sound from before

I wanna know why this happens, is it because of the range that they produce sound?
My arctis 7 headset produces from 20hz -20khz i think. The RHA earphones produces sound from 16hz - 22khz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you reproduce the same issue on another system? If you can, then the audio source might have a layer of sound that is not suitable to the Arctis headset which might be causing the distortion in the drivers. Some headphones aren't designed to capture all layers in an audio track.

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
Ive tried plugging in my earphones in my laptop and it doesnt produce the distorted sound.

It might be just as you said, a layer of sound might not be suitable to my headset.

Thanks!