[SOLVED] Why does my headset pick up all sounds?

huntleco

Prominent
Jun 3, 2019
Basically, my headset picks up all sounds from my game, and other voices and plays them through my mic twice for everyone but once for me. For example, on discord, I can have conversations and play games and people cannot hear me or my game twice. However when I'm not in discord and im playing any multiplayer game, and im in game chat, people say they can hear themselves, or anyone else through my mic, as well as my game sound. I have my headset at normal volume, and have a tournament ready headset that wouldn't, and doesn't pick up my headphone through my mic if say my headset was too loud. I've tried so many new settings but nothing works. Even when I go into windows to look at my settings, under the test mic portion, anytime someone talks, it claims my mic picks it up, even if my volume output is at 0. Any help would be appreciated, if it makes a difference I have a set of Astro A40's.

Solution
Might want to see if listen to this device option is unchecked;
222723d1548942198-listen-microphone-through-playback-device-windows-listen_to_microphone-2.png

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/126383-listen-microphone-through-playback-device-windows.html

Another thing you can try doing is making sure your BIOS is the latest, if there is any update pending, update to the latest. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

Lutfij

Titan
222723d1548942198-listen-microphone-through-playback-device-windows-listen_to_microphone-2.png

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/126383-listen-microphone-through-playback-device-windows.html

Another thing you can try doing is making sure your BIOS is the latest, if there is any update pending, update to the latest. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution

huntleco

Prominent
Jun 3, 2019

I'm currently on windows 10 pro. I have checked and that first option is not checked. My BIOS is the latest and I will attempt to reinstall audio drivers.