Question Why does my Intel SSD inside M2X enclosure keeps reconnecting on my laptop?

Feb 22, 2019
More info:
Drive: Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive
Enclosure: MyDigitalSSD M2X Portable USB 3.1 Gen 2 M.2 PCI Express SSD External Enclosure Adapter

Laptop: Huawei KPL-W00

Note:
I tried changing power settings.
I tried to change usb adapter settings.

Everything works on usb 3.0 on my dell desktop, drive runs at 450 MB/s read/write. I ran a stress system it passed.
Everything works on usb 2.0 on a laptop speed is 40-50 MB/s

I had CrystalDisk give me 0 write and 800 read, and 450 read and write on usb A from laptop.
Generally when CrystalDisk is used drive disconnects and reconnects, test shows very low numbers.
When manually copying a file i have write steady at 300, read starts at 450 and drops to 200-150 range, rarely disconnects and then recconects again.

It seems to me like the USB controller in your laptop is malfunctioning or just doesn't like such fast drives. Try a slower drive and see if it works fine on the computer. If it does, then the drive is too fast for the computer. If it doesn't, then the USB controller in the computer is malfunctioning and you should replace the computer's motherboard.