Question Why does my internet download speed flucuate so much on my new pc?

Jun 13, 2020
So recently, I upgraded my pc to a ryzen 5 3600x, rtx 2070 super, b450 tomahawk max, and 16gb of ram. For some reason my ethernet download speed will randomly freeze on the speedtest.net, fast.com, and also the google speed test. I can download games super super fast because I have 300mbps download speed. But in online games my ping is super high to the point where it is unplayable. Does anyone know what is going on? (None of the other devices on the network experience this issue). I was also thinking it could be do to the fact that most of my neighbors are online on the same cable internet that I have.

Ralston18

Titan
If none of your other devices have problems per se then the problem is likely within your pc: hardware, driver(s), configuration.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your system's performance.

First while the system "idles", then while doing light work/browsing, and finally while gaming.

Look for what resources are being used, what is using them, and to what extent(%).

What make and model router do you have? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.