Question Why does my laptop fan work but the pc doesn't start ?

Feb 1, 2020
My laptop screen goes dark sometimes, then it comes back with green graphics all over the screen. When restarting, fan works properly but the laptop doesn't start. Sometimes, it works properly all day. However, when I turn the pc on the next morning same problem happens. Any ideas what could be causing this ? I wasn't bothered until today when I used my pc for about an hour before this happened mid work. Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please mention the make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. Also, might want to check and see if the laptop needs servicing/maintenance if it's old since dust and debris clogging up the ventilation/cooling assembly can and will cause an overheating issue and also artifacting, the thing you've mentioned with a green screen.

You might also be having driver issues.

What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, which version are you currently on?

Feb 1, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please mention the make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. Also, might want to check and see if the laptop needs servicing/maintenance if it's old since dust and debris clogging up the ventilation/cooling assembly can and will cause an overheating issue and also artifacting, the thing you've mentioned with a green screen.

You might also be having driver issues.

What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, which version are you currently on?

My laptop is quite old. Emachines e732zg , running windows 10 Pro 1903 Os Build 18362.592. I also cleaned it before posting this. yet the same problem persists. I found a work around that most of the time works. I simply turn it on with the fan working but nothing else for few mins then restart it and everything works fine. Sadly, this doesn't work if the problem occurs while computer is on. Thanks for your reply.