Question Why does my Laptop Shut Down instead of Sleep (and other questions) ?

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
Bought this brand new Medion laptop from Aldi's that has Windows 10:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/709331429602400

Out of the box there seem to be a issue where the laptop shuts down/turns off completely by itself after 10-15mins on battery even during when windows is busy doing something like downloading/installing updates. Why does this happen after the battery is fully charged? The default Power & Sleep options looks fine in Windows settings. There's no power related options in the UEFI Bios.

I don't have this problem when its plugged in.

I have Unchecked “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” in Intel Management Engine Interface under Device Manager but still get same problem.

How do I sort this issue out?

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
New laptop shutting off on battery, contact their support as the first step.

Support was no help, they told me to factory reset in which I did but still the same issue persists.

I didn't see no point in that factory reset because the settings were out of the box default anyway to begin with.

So I have a faulty laptop and nothing can be fixed via software level?

The laptop sleeps 1st then shuts down by itself even when the battery isnt low so why it should happen when battery isn't low?

Last edited:
Support was no help, they told me to factory reset in which I did but still the same issue persists.

I didn't see no point in that factory reset because the settings were out of the box default anyway to begin with.

So I have a faulty laptop and nothing can be fixed via software level?

The laptop sleeps 1st then shuts down by itself even when the battery isnt low so why it should happen when battery isn't low?

It should not shut off, contact support again and tell them a reset did nothing.

TRENDING THREADS