Question Why does my Lenovo laptop have no sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_squab7

Prominent
Dec 20, 2020
I can't figure out for the life of me why me Lenovo thinkpad x1 has no sound. I suddenly realized I couldn't get sound from speakers or headphones. This laptop is only 4 years old. I have tried everything. I have reinstalled audio drivers, made sure nothing was muted, reinstalled windows, installed drivers from the Lenovo website. Nothing works. I have even reset CMOS battery. I don't use this laptop that often. Could it be a hardware issue even if it is effecting headphones? I even installed Ubuntu linux as a dual boot and couldn't get audio in that OS. When I play something and look at the audio levels in windows it shows them going up and down, nothing is disabled so I think the audio drivers are fine. The only thing I can think of is I remember getting a critical update from lenovo to update my ssd. I also tried to install a second ssd a while ago but I still had sound after. Please help, if I can't get sound I will have to get a new laptop.

sir_squab7

Prominent
Dec 20, 2020
If you have taken your system apart, to install said SSD, you may want to take it back apart, and make sure you didn't miss a cable/ribbon somewhere, when putting it back together. I have done that one, before.
It was an nvme ssd. I actually accidently stripped the screw so I couldn't install the second ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.