Question Why does my monitor dim while moving in game?

Jun 17, 2020
Ok, so this is my second ultra wide monitor. As I thought my first one was defective. Currently I have a Mag341CQ. In games when I move the brightness flickers from dark when moving back to normal when I stop this is the second ultrawide this has happened on. As soon as I put the game on my old monitor 1440p 60hz 27" everything is fine no issues what so ever. The new monitor is 34 Ultrawide 1440p 100hz. Ive tried everything under the sun to get it to stop the only thing that works is turning the brightness all the way up, I can still tell its doing it but its not nearly as noticeable. Here is the youtube link to the video I uploaded any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently running a
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SekMtRzUwpU

Aorus 1080ti 11gb
i7 4790k
750w corsair psu
16gb ram DDR3
MSI krait z97
1TB SSD
2TB HDD

EDIT: I have tried
Turning input lag off on monitor (on and off only options)
No overdrive mode have tried every type of mode game, RTS, FPS etc
Turned Gsync off and on etc
changed display port cables tried HDMi
turned game mode off on windows 10 and night light
changed all monitor settings on the actual monitor.

Last edited:
Ok, so this is my second ultra wide monitor. As I thought my first one was defective. Currently I have a Mag341CQ. In games when I move the brightness flickers from dark when moving back to normal when I stop this is the second ultrawide this has happened on. As soon as I put the game on my old monitor 1440p 60hz 27" everything is fine no issues what so ever. The new monitor is 34 Ultrawide 1440p 100hz. Ive tried everything under the sun to get it to stop the only thing that works is turning the brightness all the way up, I can still tell its doing it but its not nearly as noticeable. Here is the youtube link to the video I uploaded any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently running a
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SekMtRzUwpU

Aorus 1080ti 11gb
i7 4790k
750w corsair psu
16gb ram DDR3
MSI krait z97
1TB SSD
2TB HDD

EDIT: I have tried
Turning input lag off on monitor (on and off only options)
No overdrive mode have tried every type of mode game, RTS, FPS etc
Turned Gsync off and on etc
changed display port cables tried HDMi
turned game mode off on windows 10 and night light
changed all monitor settings on the actual monitor.
Can you try with another game?
Because from your video the taskbar is not dimming, it stays the same.

Jun 17, 2020
Ive tried 7 days to die and while the game was dark at the time it seemed to be happening, just tried Rust tho and it didnt look like it was happening at all. DirectX 11 and Legacy have no effect forgot to mention I've tried that. Appreciate the responses thank you both very much I'm losing my mind over here trying to figure this out.

Last edited: