Question Why does my monitor is flicker or flash white around the edges of the screen ?

Nicholas_112

Reputable
Jul 27, 2017
This actually troubles me quite a lot recently and for a few years now. Bought a Zotac RTX 2060 half a year ago thinking that this might solve my problem and started using it ever since. Same thing happened but it wasn't that bad at least i can still play my games smoothly but just annoying seeing that around the edges. Now however thing starts to get irritating as hell as when i'm playing games it will somehow just have the Fps Drops from 80 plus to 20 just a slight sec but is noticeable and sometimes almost a full sec of just low FPS.

Before you ask, I already updated everything to the latest drivers including the GPU. And For better troubleshooting i also replaced a new but same model monitor. An Acer ED273A 27 inch curved va panel 144hz gaming monitor 1920 x 1080 using display port.

I also replaced Both included acer display and hdmi cables to Ugreen Gold Plated cables. I used both cables to try to troubleshoot but both cables have the same issue. But if i just use the hdmi from my laptop to my monitor it worked just fine so i think is from my pc side. Is Window 10 and i just formatted my whole pc 2 month ago and installed a new ssd with window 10 pro(non activated).

Any Idea how to solve this? Please let me know.

My pc Components
Asus Z87-Pro mobo
Intel I7 4790(non K)
24gb 2400 ram
Rtx 2060 Zotac
1tb crucial mx500 ssd(OS) new
2tb hdd 7200rpm
128gb ssd
650 psu
Bluray dvd player
Normal dvd player

Thanks

Without actually seeing this, I would guess it's the backlight. You said it worked properly from your laptop, was it set at 144hz from the laptop as well? If you have the same issue with the screen on different video cards and new Windows setups, with different cables, does not seem it's an issue from the computer.

Nicholas_112

Reputable
Jul 27, 2017
My laptop is only a 60hz display so i did not set anything to it when it's connected to my monitor. Switch also working nicely with my monitor.
On the normal Desktop Screen it will just flicker/flash but not very often. In game however is a different story. Flashes almost every second, sometimes will stay away a few seconds and back again. Is still playable but sometimes it makes the frames drop to very low, don't know whether this fps drop was caused by this or what.
i'll try to lower the refresh rate to troubleshoot again today but hdmi is 120hz and same thing happened tho