Question Why does my monitor lose signal when gaming?

Dec 19, 2020
So when I’m gaming, my monitor loses signal however my pc keeps running. In order to fix the problem I have to restart my PC. I have tried replacing my GPU and PSU so it’s a pretty good assumption that it isn’t one of these two components causing the issue. Also to note, this happens more often when I am running a more powerful game, and it also happens more often on a hot day - to suggest that the stem of the problem is something to do with overheating. This problem has been ongoing for a long time so any help would be much appreciated.

So when I’m gaming, my monitor loses signal however my pc keeps running. In order to fix the problem I have to restart my PC. I have tried replacing my GPU and PSU so it’s a pretty good assumption that it isn’t one of these two components causing the issue. Also to note, this happens more often when I am running a more powerful game, and it also happens more often on a hot day - to suggest that the stem of the problem is something to do with overheating. This problem has been ongoing for a long time so any help would be much appreciated.
List your parts please, that surely looks like overheating.

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I’m having the exact same issue except it’s one particular game. It just started recently. Have you found any solutions? I have the same specs as you,except I have a 1660 graphics card

Dec 19, 2020
What are the temps during gaming. Does that happen right away or after some time. Have you tried running benchmarks like time spy, prime95 or superposition
I have tried running benchmarks and found no unusual temps. The crash usually happens after some time, definitely leads me to believe it is some form of overheating but unsure what.
I’m having the exact same issue except it’s one particular game. It just started recently. Have you found any solutions? I have the same specs as you,except I have a 1660 graphics card
I haven't found any solutions unfortunately. With me it only happened with one particular game to begin with, then got worse and now happens to almost any game - less intensive games last longer without the issue showing up

Jan 5, 2021
I am also facing the same issue when I m playing games on the computer.
The temperature is also normal not getting too hot and still it gets crashing in the middle of the game.
Please help me with this issue and keep us posted on any updates or if you found any solution to this.

Download iMessage for PC

Last edited:

JohnnyMaverick

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009

2 quick questions:
  1. Have you tried using replacing the monitor cable? If so, what was the result?
  2. Have you tried using a different type of connection? in another words, if you're using HDMI, have you tried DisplayPort instead?
This is not the kind of symptom you would see from a overheating problem, but I could be wrong.