Question Why does my monitor not have a signal?

May 27, 2019
Last night, I was working on my 3-month-old custom PC and it worked just fine. Some applications kept crashing but I realized it was just one of my drivers needing an update. This morning, I turned on my PC and everything inside works, but there is no signal on my monitor. I've tried everything the internet has to offer, and the most I've gotten is to my login (then it immediately crashed again.) If anyone knows what the problem is, please respond with a possible solution. I really don't want to spend lots of money replacing my graphics card or my MOBO. My KB and mouse work just fine, but the monitor just says no signal whenever I try to turn my PC on.

Setup-
Cpu- Intel i9-9900k
Gpu- EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 black edition
Mobo- MSI MPG z390m gaming edge AC
RAM- Corsair vengeance LPX 4x2
Monitor- ASUS ROG STRIX XG248

May 27, 2019
try plugging it into another monitor or tv if you're able to. If it doesn't work, it may be a pc problem. It may be due to a driver problem (maybe the update had a bad installation and needs to be cleaned and reinstalled) or maybe you have a hardware problem. Since you said that even when connecting it from the mobo it won't work, I think that it's either a driver problem or a monitor problem

May 29, 2019
Hey, sorry that you’re having problems with your system! Whenever there is power to the system, but no video, it is usually one of four things (in this order): the video card, the RAM, the CPU, or the motherboard.

First, double check to see if all the cables outside the actual cause are firmly plugged in; no need to go poking around in the case if the problem is external. Check things like monitor cables, power cables, and the wall outlet (be careful not to shock yourself). If the problem still persists, unplug the power from your machine, and hold the power button down for around 15 seconds. This should clear the CMOS, which could be causing display issues. (Note: sometimes just taking the battery out doesn't fully purge the system of power; you might also need to hold down the power button as well)

If you have to open the case, the first thing I would do would be to re-seat the video card and the RAM. After re-seating the RAM and the video card, check the system again. If it still is not working, take out the CPU (carefully) and check both it and its socket to make sure none of the pins are bend.

One final note: taking time to switch parts can be a real lifesaver. If you have access to spare parts or a friends computer, one of the best ways to identify which component(s) is giving you issues is to switch out known-working parts.

Good luck, and let us known if the problem persists!

May 29, 2019
Upon further review of your post, I would like to clarify something:
My above answer is assuming that you have absolutely no access to you system.

If you can still get in and access stuff, but the system hard reboots, it is most likely a PSU problem. I had to deal with a busted PSU a few months back on my primary system, and spent way too long trying to identify it as the issue. If you eventually reach a point where you just don't know what to do, I would just buy a new one.

Even if the power supply isn't your problem, it is handy to have an extra power supply around (as they are hot-swappable with just about every system).