Question Why does my new computer keep restarting after booting to system to install windows?

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
My new computer I bulit keeps restarting I cant install windows on it. It keeps restarting. So I have all brand new parts in it, expect the motherboard. I have already tried different power supplies and graphic cards. So im gonna replace the motherboard today and see what happens.

My new computer I bulit keeps restarting I cant install windows on it. It keeps restarting. So I have all brand new parts in it, expect the motherboard. I have already tried different power supplies and graphic cards. So im gonna replace the motherboard today and see what happens.
Once you install wi.dows and it does the first initial restart you need to remove the USB before it boots fully otherwise it is set as boot priority and will continue giving the issue you have

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
Yeah i removee the usb a while a go like in i just need to like make a password and set up internet. But the usb is not the problem

Do you know what BIOS version your motherboard came with? (does it say Ryzen 3000 or 5000 ready on the box?) I imagine you need to update the motherboards BIOS for the 5600X to work on it.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
The bios versions the CPU run with are from last year so possible its got a newer one installed

op can flash bios without going into bios

Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button
1. Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from the MSI® website.
2. Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM, and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.
3. Connect the power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No need to install CPU and memory.)
4. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on the rear I/O panel.
5. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED starts flashing.
6. The LED will be turned off when the process is completed
Page 46 - https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C95v1.7.pdf

Yeah i removee the usb a while a go like in i just need to like make a password and set up internet. But the usb is not the problem
How is it restarting? is it powering off PC or DO you mean it starts the install process again?

If you haven't set up user accounts yet, its not finished installing. It has restarted but the 1st restart in an install doesn't mean windows is running, its still running off the USB at this stage, its only after a later restart that it actually runs off the C drive.

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
I downloaded right now the latest bios on my usb and then it came into windows setup and restarts so same thing happens