Question Why does my newly build pc keep rebooting?

Sep 7, 2021
Help please!
My son and I are building our first gaming pc, but it's getting stuck when booting - it can get as far at the system screen, then cuts out and tries to boot again before we can attempt anything. On the EZ debug LEDs, the boot and vga take it in turns to stay lit.

It's an AMD ryzen 5600g cpu on a msi b550m pro motherboard.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please state the rest of the specs to your build, like so:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which slot(s) is(are) the ram(s) populating on the board? You can enter into BIOS without issue? If so, check and see what BIOS version you're on. Did you fabricate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Creation Tools?

Reactions: kurdtnz and Eximo
Sep 7, 2021
It gets as far as the BIOS screen when booting, but doesnt stay there long enough to do anything before switching off.

Other components:
WD WD55OOGBOB M.2 drive
RAM: 2x8gb corsair vengeance in the correct slots as per manual
Corsair RM650 650W PSU

Sep 7, 2021
When it says this it is probably referring to the initail 5600x, 5800x, 5900x, and 5950x processors. The 5600g came out later and although it is a 5000 series processor it would require a newer BIOS that what would support the original processors.
Is this possible without an already compatible CPU?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Since it is booting up, you should be able to sneak into the BIOS by spamming the appropriate key. You might be able to flash it from there as long as it is stable in the BIOS.

Your board does not support CPU-less flashing, next model up the B550M Pro-vdh does...

Reactions: helper800
Sep 7, 2021
Since it is booting up, you should be able to sneak into the BIOS by spamming the appropriate key. You might be able to flash it from there as long as it is stable in the BIOS.

Your board does not support CPU-less flashing, next model up the B550M Pro-vdh does...
I do have that MB, and can flash BIOB but it won't read my flash drives (they are pretty old)
The BIOS screen is gone in a flash, just had time to get a photo - definitely the default bios on there now so won't work.