CPU cooler: Coolmaster 212 X
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk max
RAM: Corsair 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4 3600mhz
NVME: Corsair Force MP510 960gb M.2 NVME PCIe gen 3
HDD: Seagate barracuda 2tb
Case: Coolmaster masterbox MB530P
PSU: Coolmaster V 650W 80 PLUS Gold fully modular
Windows 10 OS

From the time I press the ON switch on my PC it takes 1 minute and 45 seconds to get to my windows lock screen. On task manager setup it says that Last Bios time is 19.4 seconds.

Ive spent many many hours trying to figure out what is wrong and given up many times as its just a slow boot and everything else is fine but its annoying.

I disconnected every USB and everything that is plugged into my PC. Keyboard, mouse, headset everything and this chops of 7 or so seconds. Ive also disabled everything in task manager so that nothing comes up on startup. I have disabled all non microsoft services from system configuration (safe mode boot) and this makes no difference.

Ive updated my BIOS, I updated my chipset drivers, Nvidia drivers, and no difference.

I have looked in my bios settings and I do not really understand much of it but I set the boot priorities so that nothing boots except my NVME and this still makes no difference.

I also read online that all MSI b450 tomahawk MOBOs have this problem but surely not, i heard this was a very good motherboard so thats why i bought it.

Any help is welcome. Please Help. If you need more information or something please just ask.

EDIT: When I press the on button on the PC the screen comes on but just black then no signal, then black, meanwhile my keyboard and mouse are flashing (RGB), on for a couple seconds then off. Then once 1 minute and 36 seconds have passed the Arsenal Gaming Bios screen comes up (this is where i spam F11 to get into bios) 7 seconds later I am at the Windows lock screen.

So its like the PC is loading nothing for the first 1 minute and 30 seconds. As the Bios can only be gone into once the 1 minute 30 seconds has elapsed and the Arsenal Gaming picture has loaded which should theoretically be the first thing I see right?

EDIT 2: I have uploaded a Youtube Video of exactly what the full boot looks like
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJR9Leu82w

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? By latest BIOS version, are you sure Fast Boot is enabled while CSM is disabled? See if disabling secure boot helps. Which ram slots are you occupying on the board?
Windows 10 enterprise LTSC 64-bit Version 1809. OS build 17763.1339
My bios does not have a fast boot option, the bios menu screen is MSI click bios 5.
I have disabled CSM and there is no difference.
Secure boot was always disabled. When I go to enable a secure boot it says 'System in setup mode! Secure boot can be enabled when system in user mode. Repeat operation after enrolling platform key (PK).
The ram slots I am using is 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. All I know is the ones I put my ram into are 100% the optimal ones, as I read the MOBO manual, but i cant remember which one it is.

Jul 20, 2020
We're on version 2004, might want to update to the latest. Where did you source the installer for your OS? With just two sticks of ram, you should be populating Slots A2 and B2 not the other slots. Just for the sake of reference, which BIOS version are you on?
We're on version 2004, might want to update to the latest. Where did you source the installer for your OS? With just two sticks of ram, you should be populating Slots A2 and B2 not the other slots. Just for the sake of reference, which BIOS version are you on?
Im not sure where I got windows from, a friend gave me an installer that was on a USB, and yes the ram sticks are in those slots. My bios version is B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02) V3.5 BIOS Release.