Question Why does my pc crash during gaming?

Jan 8, 2022
Specs:
system report hwinfo

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G
Mainboard: Asus Prime b450m-a
Storage: Corsair 2x 8GB
Power: BeQuiet 850W gold (i know it´s pretty much but i thought it was the problem so i upgraded it)

So whenever i´m playing some kind of games that take a little more perfomance(e.g. subnautica, AC Valhalla) my pc always ends up crashing in a greenscreen (GoD).
10-20 minutes in the game and then it just crashes randomly, sometimes it doesnt crash for 1-2 hours but it still does, everytime.
it´s running perfect for games like overwatch or LoL that´s not open world games.
I had this problem once and then it disappeared, now it´s back.

Also when it crashes it sounds like a bluescreen crash but with a greenscreen.
as if the sound is stuck in looping.
shortly after the crash happened all output devices disconnect.

could it be that the mainboard is the problem?
because i looked it up and my mainboard doesnt support my cpu series (2700x) only the 3700x

i thankfully accept all help :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? If you're sing Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? As for your claims that the processor isn't supported, look again. What PSU were you working with prior and what sort of storage options do you have at your disposal?

That's not storage, that looks more like memory. Also, you will need to provide a link to the ram kit. As for the memory, what slots are you populating with said ram kit?

Lastly, your link doesn't work.

Jan 8, 2022
Thank you for the reply.

Yup you´re right, certainly the cpu is supported, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Bios Version 3211 (updated it yesterday with Ez Flash)

and yeah i meant memory not storage, sorry for that,
Corsair DIMM 16GB DDR4-2400 Kit
mem kit
and for the slots its the 2nd and the 4th
like:

| |
v v
|| || || || (slots)

Windows version: 20H2

my "old" PSU was the BeQuiet 600W gold

the OS is stored on a HP SSD 250GB and all the other data is stored in a WD 1TB HDD

and i didnt knew how to make the file readable so i just uploaded it on pastebin.
HWInfo64

Jan 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? If you're sing Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? As for your claims that the processor isn't supported, look again. What PSU were you working with prior and what sort of storage options do you have at your disposal?

That's not storage, that looks more like memory. Also, you will need to provide a link to the ram kit. As for the memory, what slots are you populating with said ram kit?

Lastly, your link doesn't work.

Thank you for the reply.

Yup you´re right, certainly the cpu is supported, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Bios Version 3211 (updated it yesterday with Ez Flash)

and yeah i meant memory not storage, sorry for that,
Corsair DIMM 16GB DDR4-2400 Kit
mem kit
and for the slots its the 2nd and the 4th
like:
| |
v v
|| || || || (slots)

Windows version: 20H2

my "old" PSU was the BeQuiet 600W gold

the OS is stored on a HP SSD 250GB and all the other data is stored in a WD 1TB HDD

and i didnt knew how to make the file readable so i just uploaded it on pastebin.
HWInfo64

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
  1. Deinstall your gpu driver using ddu and make clean install.
  2. Check cables.
  3. Update all drivers
  4. Go to start and type event viewer. Check custom views and see what messages you got after crashing.

Jan 8, 2022
  1. Deinstall your gpu driver using ddu and make clean install.
  2. Check cables.
  3. Update all drivers
  4. Go to start and type event viewer. Check custom views and see what messages you got after crashing.

So i deinstalled all gpu drivers and reinstalled them but without the radeon software, for some games it worked and it didnt crash, but e.g. subnautica/valhalla still crash after a while.

i looked up in the event viewer but i have no clue what information it gives me, there are just multiple errors and many many warnings.

i also use razer cortex for most of games, maybe i shouldnt?

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
So i deinstalled all gpu drivers and reinstalled them but without the radeon software, for some games it worked and it didnt crash, but e.g. subnautica/valhalla still crash after a while.

i looked up in the event viewer but i have no clue what information it gives me, there are just multiple errors and many many warnings.

i also use razer cortex for most of games, maybe i shouldnt?
That's normal. Watch red ones where is critical error. This ones is bad.
If you have ability to use another psu use it. Maybe test psu with occt? But, carefull with this.

Jan 8, 2022
ok, after quite a time im coming back to this forum because the error still occurs.

i thought i solved it, deinstalled the radeon software and the problem vanished for 2-3 days, then it came back.

so my question now is, could it be that my processor cant process all of the data fast enough for my gpu?
is the cpu the problem?