Question Why does my pc crash out of nowhere?

Jan 9, 2021
My pc loves to just freeze and blue screen. I think its because of my ram but im not sure. I have 2 different brand ram sticks Crucial 8gb 2666mhz and corsair vengeance 8gb 2666mhz. The brand shouldn't matter right? as long as they're the same speed and capacity. Sometimes whenever i have to force restart, half of my ram is hardware reserved then i have to take my side panel off and reseat the ram and sometimes it doenst work sometimes it does. Also, whenever i boot up, i think it could be windows because it'll often say windows did not load correctly or something like that. I really need help its irritating. Thanks

David0ne86

Upstanding
Mar 11, 2021
it does matter. it's never a good idea mixing rams, even if they have same timing and clock frequencies. If that doesn't happen when the second slot is mounted, it's def the ram.

Jan 9, 2021
it does matter. it's never a good idea mixing rams, even if they have same timing and clock frequencies. If that doesn't happen when the second slot is mounted, it's def the ram.
i only bought a different ram stick because i basically got scammed for 2x8 sticks and only 1 worked and i didnt think it'd matter but unfortunately it does

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS