[SOLVED] Why does my PC ignore my current storage and only reads the NVME?

Dec 23, 2021
Good afternoon, good evening and good morning.

My specs are as follows:

i9-9900k CPU
GTX Gigabyte 1080 Ti
32 GB of Corsair 3200 mhz Ram
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD
Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC Cache Performance Boost SATA III 2.5" 7mm (0.28") Internal Solid State Drive
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO MOBO
EVGA G2 750 Watt PSU.

I recently just purchased this bad boy: WD_BLACK 500GB SN750 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive with Heatsink - Gen3 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND, Up to 3,430 MB/s - WDS500G3XHC

The problem I am having is upon install, as the PC hit post and it went to the bios. I was pondering why and thought to myself, "Oh, maybe it is telling me to configure the new storage?" I was not wrong??? In a way... My PC was not reading my other drives when the NVME was installed. WEIRD!!! I went into the boot sequence in Easy mode and found my 1 tb drive that the OS is on and it shows its there, but my PC completely ignores it and tries to boot from the NVME. When I uninstall the NVME it boots fine, and I go back into bios and it shows the drives I can boot from in the boot setting. When the NVME is installed it does not show any of those options. I am wondering if I have to reinstall windows onto the NVME?

My plan was not to install anything on the NVME except games. :( My question is how do I get passed this hurdle? The PC reads that the NVME is there. It tries to boot from it but I when I try to select a different drive to boot from the option to do that disappears with the NVME installed. HELP PLZ

Dec 23, 2021
Reactions: Rokinamerica