Question Why does my pc not start?

Dec 13, 2019
Specs:
Gigabyte B450 arous elite
Gtx 1060 6gb
Crosair tx 550M
Ryzen 5 3600

I tried to overclock, had a hard time but got it stabile at 4.2GHz with a Cvoltage on +0.300V. I then tested my luck with 4.3GHz and was going to set my voltage to 1400?? Which I think translates to 1.4V? The bios setting seemed weird. It didn't go well. I tried to flash my Cmos and was successful cuz now I could turn it off by holding down the power button. I can't get a signal on my screen, and the red led VGA lights up. I reinstalled my RAM, GPU and tried to put the GPU in another PCIe, still no luck. Tried to go on the onboard gpu, no luck. Have tried to flash the Cmos countless times and are at a loss, could the mobo be damaged due to overvoltage? I don't know what multiplyer the mobo used, and I couldn't use . Or , in the bios.

Dec 13, 2019
Theres no "onboard GPU", the Ryzen 3600 don't come with integrated GPU.

So when you press the case power button the VGA led is on and you never see an image on the screen?

Thanks, but why would I not be able to post because of my GPU, when I tried to overclock my CPU? Never had a problem with the GPU before.
And yes, I can't get an image on the screen with my GPU in.

Thanks, but why would I not be able to post because of my GPU, when I tried to overclock my CPU? Never had a problem with the GPU before.
And yes, I can't get an image on the screen with my GPU in.

I see....

so, let me see if I got it right: You tried to overclock and it was all good up to 4.2GHz. After that you tried to go even further to 4.3GHz and then things went wrong, but you were still able to go into BIOS. Is that correct?

So you went into BIOS and instead of loading the default optimal settings, saving and quit, you tried to flashed a new BIOS version with the system in its "unstable" 4.3GHz state, is that also correct?

Im not pointing at you, nor anythig, just trying to figure out exactly what happened step by step.

Cheers

Dec 13, 2019
I see....

so, let me see if I got it right: You tried to overclock and it was all good up to 4.2GHz. After that you tried to go even further to 4.3GHz and then things went wrong, but you were still able to go into BIOS. Is that correct?

So you went into BIOS and instead of loading the default optimal settings, saving and quit, you tried to flashed a new BIOS version with the system in its "unstable" 4.3GHz state, is that also correct?

Im not pointing at you, nor anythig, just trying to figure out exactly what happened step by step.

Cheers

I couldn't do anything when i tried 4.3 GHz my bios froze and i couldn't get into bios after. I didn't get anything on the screen. I then tried clear Cmos, but then it started giving me a VGA error light.
Also thanks for trying to help

Dec 13, 2019
Considering your actual issue, I would first take off the battery, shortcut the pins for atleast 10 seconds and then wait for 5 to 10 minutes to re-insert the battery back on its place.
Could I try to force a BIOS update, or if anything, what would need replacement, the mobo?

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Could I try to force a BIOS update, or if anything, what would need replacement, the mobo?
Try reseating the cpu and also take the clock battery out of the motherboard and unplug it from the wall and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds if that doesn’t work I would assume the motherboard is toast or perhaps the bios is corrupted

Reactions: RodroX
Dec 13, 2019
Try reseating the cpu and also take the clock battery out of the motherboard and unplug it from the wall and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds if that doesn’t work I would assume the motherboard is toast or perhaps the bios is corrupted
Well thanks guys, I will bite the bitter apple and buy a new mobo, and hopefully learn from my mistakes...

Well thanks guys, I will bite the bitter apple and buy a new mobo, and hopefully learn from my mistakes...

I was finishing work and traveling back home,Why are you buying a new mobo?, Have you tried what 86zx wrote?

Dec 13, 2019
I was finishing work and traveling back home,Why are you buying a new mobo?, Have you tried what 86zx wrote?
Yes nothing works, I can't get it to show anything on the screen
I am pretty sure it's some weird error that happened when the bios froze and I had to turn the power off. The rgb on the board seems to reset when I clear cmos, so I think the clear works but the screen is still black and the VGA led lights up