[SOLVED] Why does my PC restarts when I'm playing games?

Sep 10, 2019
Often my PC reboots when I play games. I benchmark everything however everything seems totally fine. This makes me think its the PSU however I'm not sure about that. The weird thing it's that sometimes I can play a game for hours. Also when I play an old game like Aliens VS Predator3 it starts to reboot after like 30 mins but when I play something like Watch Dogs 2 it either let me play for hours or it reboots after 30. I hope the power supply its faulty because its one of the cheapest components so I don't need to spend high amounts of money.

Solution
If you dont mind pay for a new PSU right off, I agree it is the best long shot to make the story short.
I would upgrade the wattage a bit though - at least to 650W.

Any chance you can get hands a swap unit ?
Sep 10, 2019
Well i have a Vega 56 Red Dragon Edition
16 GB of RAM T-force
I5-9400F
240 GB SSD from Team Group
1TB 7200 rpm(forgot the brand its not really necessary anyway)
ASUS Prime B-360 Plus-mobo
Kolink 600W(only 500w are continuous),80% efficiency,from what i've heard it's decent brand from Germany but i'm starting to doubt that.
My temps are decent as I have 2 120mm intake fans in the front and one 80mm exhaust fan at the back.

Last edited:

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
If you dont mind pay for a new PSU right off, I agree it is the best long shot to make the story short.
I would upgrade the wattage a bit though - at least to 650W.

Any chance you can get hands a swap unit ?

Solution
Aug 9, 2019
Often my PC reboots when I play games. I benchmark everything however everything seems totally fine. This makes me think its the PSU however I'm not sure about that. The weird thing it's that sometimes I can play a game for hours. Also when I play an old game like Aliens VS Predator3 it starts to reboot after like 30 mins but when I play something like Watch Dogs 2 it either let me play for hours or it reboots after 30. I hope the power supply its faulty because its one of the cheapest components so I don't need to spend high amounts of money.
Hey there. I'm no expert or whatever, but I had the same problem some time ago. I bought a new PSU and it's all working now. My new one is a Thermaltake Toughpower 850w RGB, it's a pretty good brand and model if you wanna check it out

Sep 10, 2019
Hey there. I'm no expert or whatever, but I had the same problem some time ago. I bought a new PSU and it's all working now. My new one is a Thermaltake Toughpower 850w RGB, it's a pretty good brand and model if you wanna check it out
Too expensive for my budget but its a pretty good one indeed,thanks for answering:))

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
i am experiencing same problem. already changed PSU and it is still happenning but its better than before.

Asus Prime B360m-A
GTX 1660 TI
i7 8700
16GB RAM
2 SSD´s
i had 750W EVGA bronze psu, now i have 850W EVGA Supernova G+ i think

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
i am experiencing same problem. already changed PSU and it is still happenning but its better than before.
that points me to my favorite: bad solderjoints on the PCB power pins.
Have a look-see on the GPU pcb if it looks burnt in this area.
If you have the guts, do the same on the mobo.

Usually you find a stinky in these areas.