[SOLVED] Why does my Pc run but monitor displays "no display"?

May 29, 2018
SUMMARY:
Could it be because i dont have a graphics card? Despite the motherboard having onboard graphics?

Hello,
So I just built my first Pc and i run into a non displaying monitor (yay) I ve checked the cables, they seem fine to me ( I am no expert) BUT I have yet to get a graphics card ... But I dont see that being an issue since the motherboard has onboard graphics?
Could it be that the onboard graphics isnt set to default or something? or that those cant work with hdmi (you are probably cringing right now)

Thanks for your time!

Solution
Ryzen 5 1600
8gb ddr4 3000
1tb HDD
Gigabyte A320M-S2h v1
500w Thermaltake psu
and planning on getting an Rx570
Neither your CPU nor motherboard support graphics.

You will need some form of a discrete graphics card in order to get a display. Alternatively, your can purchase a Ryzen CPU with -g (EX R3 2200g or R5 2400g) at the end to get built in graphics.
Ryzen 5 1600
8gb ddr4 3000
1tb HDD
Gigabyte A320M-S2h v1
500w Thermaltake psu
and planning on getting an Rx570

You will need some form of a discrete graphics card in order to get a display. Alternatively, your can purchase a Ryzen CPU with -g (EX R3 2200g or R5 2400g) at the end to get built in graphics.

Solution
May 29, 2018

Really? In the description of the product from the website from which i bought the motheboard it mentioned that it had graphics. My bad
Thanks a lot!