[SOLVED] Why does my pc show no video

Oct 30, 2020
I built my first pc today, and Everything works perfectly. I plug it in everything spins, but once I plug my gpu in everything turns off, and the motherboard lights are still on. I don’t know what’s going in even when I plug a hdmi or displayPort into the motherboard without a gpu it says no hdmi or DisplayPort plugged in. The gpu is new as well

Solution
I didn’t install any bios or anything. I never got to boot it up, I plugged it in the motherboard same thing happens, and when I plug in the gpu everything shuts off besides the motherboard lights
Probably a couple of issues then,

First is likely the BIOS. Check your motherboard manual to see what options you have to update the BIOS. You may need a natively compatible CPU (compatible with the initial BIOS release) in order to update to the latest version. You need to get that sorted out before you attempt to install and use your graphics card. Once you're able to boot up your system and install Windows, THEN you can attempt to install your graphics card and see if you're still having issues.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
  1. Any idea what BIOS version is installed? The CPU Support List for your motherboard shows you need at least BIOS version 1005 for that processor to be compatible.
  2. Are you plugging your display in the graphic card output and not the motherboard output?
  3. Have you attempted to boot your system without the graphics card installed?

-Wolf sends

Oct 30, 2020
  1. Any idea what BIOS version is installed? The CPU Support List for your motherboard shows you need at least BIOS version 1005 for that processor to be compatible.
  2. Are you plugging your display in the graphic card output and not the motherboard output?
  3. Have you attempted to boot your system without the graphics card installed?
-Wolf sends

I didn’t install any bios or anything. I never got to boot it up, I plugged it in the motherboard same thing happens, and when I plug in the gpu everything shuts off besides the motherboard lights

Wolfshadw

Titan
Probably a couple of issues then,

First is likely the BIOS. Check your motherboard manual to see what options you have to update the BIOS. You may need a natively compatible CPU (compatible with the initial BIOS release) in order to update to the latest version. You need to get that sorted out before you attempt to install and use your graphics card. Once you're able to boot up your system and install Windows, THEN you can attempt to install your graphics card and see if you're still having issues.

-Wolf sends

Solution