Question why does my pc shutdown randomly?

Nov 19, 2020
So I built a pc a few months ago and just a few weeks ago it started randomly restarting the screen went black and next thing I saw was bios. This hss been happening like once a week and it is completely random. I don't think it is the psu as it is a Seasonic gx 650. My pc specs are below. I have tried turning many things off in the power settngs as others recommend but it is hard to diagnose as it happens so rarely and it never happens when I game only idle or watching stuff.
It happend yesterday when i turned off my monitor and turned it back on. Also I feel it would be good to mention the first night it happend i switched surge protectors. Also it happened twice the first night when i was installing a game in the middle ofnit my pc restarted. So I tried reinstalling the game again to see if it wouldvhappen again the next day and sure enough it did. I then tried a third time and nothing happened. I don't know what itbis related to and i reset windows 10 last week and then just yesterday it happend just after i quitvwatxhing youtube. Temps are good ran stress test occt and aida for an hour or so each never has shutdown under load. idle temps are about 30c on cpu and gpu in games 68-69c gpu under full load and cpu is 50-58 c in games or 67c under full load. Thanks for reading any suggestions would help me out alot

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) AMD Motherboard

Processor: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost)

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING 8GB

Ram: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

Case: Thermaltake H200 Tempered Glass RGB Light Strip ATX Mid Tower Case with One 120mm Rear Fan Pre-installed

Extra Case Fans: 3 xThermaltake Pure Plus 12 RGB TT Premium Edition 120mm

Power Supply: Seasonic FOCUS GX-650, 650W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Perfect Power Supply for Gaming and Various Application

Internal Storage: Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB,
2TB Seagate Barracuda

External Storage: PNY ELITE 480GB USB 3.0 Portable Solid State Drive

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Latest BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS version are you on? You might want to rule out the PSU as the fault by swapping it out with an equally branded unit but with more wattage than the entire system needs, borrowed from a friend or neighbor, then see if the issue crops up.

When you mentioned swapping out surge protectors, might want to see if swapping wall outlets for the build changes how the computer behaves.

Reactions: DriftMine14
Nov 19, 2020
Not the latest bios im afraid to do it as i don't own a UPS. I don't have a spare psu lying around even if I did it only shuts down once a week or so in order to find it out it would have to be borrowed for a while. I decided to redo all the cablw management and also took the ram out and cleaned it with some alcohol because the turning off problem is very similar too when i had one of my ram sticks partialy out of the slot and if you touched it the computwr would restart. Yesterday I noticed that when I put the ram in again that the ram was not in all the way i thought i pushed hard enough. I figured out it wasn't in when i reached for the cpu fan header and lightly brushed the ram and the pc turned off then i pushed on the bottom of the ram and it popped into place and clicked so it in now. Hopefully my issue is solved just by doing all of this.

Nov 19, 2020
This time i did not have the same issue but I was shutting down my computer for the night and i got the BSOD and it had the message Video Memory Management Internal Error I have done all the suggestions for this error I don't know if it will happen again I updated my video driver. Also ive noriced it happens when im using a second user on the computer as i dont think it ever happened when i didnt use a second user. It went 2 weeks without a problem now this.

Nov 19, 2020
Now last night i turned off pc to do update and i believe something glitched becuase when I turned it back on it got to the vga led turning on my mobo and then no display hit the power button to turn it off then turned it back on and it was all good. It started fine this morning as well and bet it will be fine when i get home as well am I just freaking out over little things or is something wrong with it

TRENDING THREADS