[SOLVED] Why does my pc start up then go to the screen that says reboot or select proper boot device etc and I press delete which is my key to boot menu

Solution
D
Yes I may have to check and see if my SSD is in correctly but it’s in the spot right and it’s screwed in but I’m gonna re put it in there and I don’t have windows yet to boot it onto would that fix anything? Gonna get a windows chip thing when I get paid here on thursday
It obviously won't boot without Windows. There needs to be an operating system on it in order for the drive to be flagged as bootable and to allow you to get past that screen. Install Windows on it and you won't have an issue.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Do you have an operating system on any of your drives? Are your drives connected properly to your motherboard? Are PSU SATA power cables connected properly to your drives?

May 18, 2020
Do you have an operating system on any of your drives? Are your drives connected properly to your motherboard? Are PSU SATA power cables connected properly to your drives?
Yes I may have to check and see if my SSD is in correctly but it’s in the spot right and it’s screwed in but I’m gonna re put it in there and I don’t have windows yet to boot it onto would that fix anything? Gonna get a windows chip thing when I get paid here on thursday

D

Deleted member 2720853

It obviously won't boot without Windows. There needs to be an operating system on it in order for the drive to be flagged as bootable and to allow you to get past that screen. Install Windows on it and you won't have an issue.

Solution
May 18, 2020
Oh wow I sound so stupid right now yeah I’ll get windows when I get paid and install it sorry for the trouble this is my first pc I’ve ever build lol

exroofer

Distinguished
Oh wow I sound so stupid right now yeah I’ll get windows when I get paid and install it sorry for the trouble this is my first pc I’ve ever build lol

Or just get Windows right now on a usb stick and install it. Buy a license key off the internet for $10 on payday.
It will install, boot, run, and do everything as normal, including update, just has the annoying watermark prompting you to enter a license key.

When Windows prompts you to enter the product key, just hit " ignore" or whatever it is called , I forget.
Carry on install as normal.
Live with unregistered desktop nag until payday.