[SOLVED] Why does my PC turn off when I have the PCIE cable in the middle slot of my 3080?

Feb 28, 2022
I have an ASUS ROG Strix GeForce ETX 3080 V2 OC and whenever I have a PCIE cable in the middle slot, the power supply makes a click noise and turns off.

Solution
You're going to have to find a way to test that card in another system or with another, equally sufficient power supply. If the card passes, then you can suspect the issue is with your power supply. You've verified that all three PCI-E power cables are securely attached to the power supply PCI-E ports?

-Wolf sends
Feb 28, 2022
Please clarify. What do you mean you have a PCI-E cable "in the middle slot"? The RTX 3080 V2 OC has three 8-pin PCI-E power ports. All three need to be connected to your power supply.

-Wolf sends
So there are 3 ports, but the middle one is causing the trouble. When ever I have all 3 PCI-E cables inserted into the GPU, it doesn't turn on. But when I have the middle cable out and only two in, it turns on but no display. I am using a NXZT E-850.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You're going to have to find a way to test that card in another system or with another, equally sufficient power supply. If the card passes, then you can suspect the issue is with your power supply. You've verified that all three PCI-E power cables are securely attached to the power supply PCI-E ports?

-Wolf sends

Solution