[SOLVED] Why does my PC turn off while playing CSGO

Sep 5, 2020
Hello guys,
Just finished building new PC, I am stumped because I have already ran much more GPU intensive games than Ironsight and CSGO on my rig, but (so far) these are the only games that cause my computer to turn off. Even running them on lower settings does nothing. I have ran CPU stress test and GPU stress test and both produce good results. I even ran them at the same time and my computer had no issues. I had a hunch that it was the PSU, but it does not make any sense for CSGO and Ironsight to crash my computer, while I can run Apex Legends on highest settings for hours without problems. To be sure I swapped PSU's to make sure I hadn't ordered a faulty one; same result. I am now going to swap the motherboard, but I am only guessing at this point. Maybe it is a software issue?
PC Parts:
GPU: XFX RX 5700 XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (Stock Cooler)
PSU: EVGA 600 watt
MOBO: Asus B450M-A
RAM: OLOy 16GB 3000mhz
SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb
HDD: Seagate 2TB

Solution
Well, if you encounter sudden power losses then it's definitely pointing to either the PSU or motherboard.

600W is plenty for your build, so power output is not the problem. The quality of the PSU is more important.

What's the exact model of your EVGA PSU?
Just a heads-up: EVGA does make some crappy models too.
Sep 5, 2020
The PSU, CPU and GPU all turn off at the exact same time. It definitely shuts off. However the motherboard's LEDs are still on. The computer doesn't automatically restart. (I still haven't put it in the case yet so to restart it I have to turn off/on the PSU switch and short the power pin, shorting it without turning PSU on and off doesn't work).

Sep 5, 2020
The PSU, CPU and GPU all turn off at the exact same time. It definitely shuts off. However the motherboard's LEDs are still on. The computer doesn't automatically restart. (I still haven't put it in the case yet so to restart it I have to turn off/on the PSU switch and short the power pin, shorting it without turning PSU on and off doesn't work).
I know it totally sounds like a PSU issue, since I have to reset it to make it start working, but I had two separate and new EVGA 600 watt PSUs and both had same problem. Maybe I have to get a PSU with more wattage? Still I thought 600 watts was more than enough.

Well, if you encounter sudden power losses then it's definitely pointing to either the PSU or motherboard.

600W is plenty for your build, so power output is not the problem. The quality of the PSU is more important.

Solution
Sep 5, 2020

I am not sure what model it is, It says its 80+ certified, It's not 80+ Gold or 80+ Bronze, it's the bottom of the line standard 600 watt PSU. It is not old either. Idk how to find the model though

I am not sure what model it is, It says its 80+ certified, It's not 80+ Gold or 80+ Bronze, it's the bottom of the line standard 600 watt PSU. It is not old either. Idk how to find the model though

The model can be found on its box or there's a sticker on the PSU itself.

I'm assuming it's the EVGA 600 W1:

https://www.evga.com/products/specs/psu.aspx?pn=0858fdd0-ecfc-4042-ab7a-50f6ead12da9

It surely is their bottom of the line in terms of quality too.
How are your temperatures while playing?

Sep 5, 2020
The model can be found on its box or there's a sticker on the PSU itself.

I'm assuming it's the EVGA 600 W1:

https://www.evga.com/products/specs/psu.aspx?pn=0858fdd0-ecfc-4042-ab7a-50f6ead12da9

It surely is their bottom of the line in terms of quality too.
How are your temperatures while playing?
Yeah you got it that's the PSU I have. While playing CSGO my temperatures are pretty normal, CPU under 35% load I am anywhere from 55-60 degrees with 66 high. And GPU under 45% load at similar 50-55 degrees with 61 spikes. At idle my CPU is anywhere from 43-48 degrees, and GPU is at 42-46 idle.