[SOLVED] Why does my pc turn on, then immediately off when I connect 12v cable that comes with phanteks p400

Aug 31, 2019
I recently bought the phanteks p400 but have the rgb strip not working. I connected the rgb cable to an rgb header on my motherboard but once I connect my sata cable to the 12v power for the rgb to turn on, my pc turns on and then immediately off. I do not know the cause of this problem. I have a 500w power suppply but pc part picker rates my build at 289W.

Solution
One thing might be that the psu give problems or the cases sata connection to power the ledstrip gives a short. Does the hdd/ssd work fine? If so might it well be the cases sata cable and would returning the case probably be the thing to do.
Aug 31, 2019
Same problems when connecting the cable to the header of the case? With that one can you set colors by the switch on the front panel. Just to test.
I have the rgb cable connected just not the 12v cable(that I am pretty sure powers it because the leds dont turn on without it).

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
One thing might be that the psu give problems or the cases sata connection to power the ledstrip gives a short. Does the hdd/ssd work fine? If so might it well be the cases sata cable and would returning the case probably be the thing to do.

Solution
Aug 31, 2019
Yes, my hdd works but I dont think it is the case because my whole pc turns on then right off along with the leds. Gonna probably try a new psu, thank you.