[SOLVED] Why does my PC turn on then shut off during POST?

Feb 26, 2021
I have tested my PSU with the paperclip technique and confirmed that it is working correctly. If I unplug my cpu power then the pc stays on. I have no idea. This has happened before and I reseated the 24 pin connector and it fixed it. I’ve tried that this time along with taking out the CMOS battery etc. Any help?

Solution
.... My ram and Psu are functioning properly as I tested them both...

How did you test the PSU? simply doing the 'paper clip test' is insufficient since it could be the load that makes it trip out during POST.

You have a 2400G so you could try starting up without the 5600XT in system. Completely remove it and attach the display to one of the connectors on the motherboard and use the iGPU to get a display. If it works then it's either the GPU (5600XT) itself or it's load that's bringing down a weak PSU.

I have looked for the jumper but can’t find it. There is nothing plugged in around the cmos battery.
Look in your manual. There probably won't be a jumper, just a couple of pins you have to short together. Use a...
Feb 26, 2021
The system was working fully last night. My specs are: ryzen 5 2400G, Asus A320M-E, Radeon Rx5600xt, 500w Cooler master psu,8gb DDR4 and WD black Sn750 1tb. I managed to get the system to boot earlier but then the same thing happened again. I shut my system down, turned it on a while later and nothing. It doesn’t stay on long enough to post. My ram and Psu are functioning properly as I tested them both. My mobo or my cpu is the issue here i think.

.... My ram and Psu are functioning properly as I tested them both...

How did you test the PSU? simply doing the 'paper clip test' is insufficient since it could be the load that makes it trip out during POST.

You have a 2400G so you could try starting up without the 5600XT in system. Completely remove it and attach the display to one of the connectors on the motherboard and use the iGPU to get a display. If it works then it's either the GPU (5600XT) itself or it's load that's bringing down a weak PSU.

I have looked for the jumper but can’t find it. There is nothing plugged in around the cmos battery.
Look in your manual. There probably won't be a jumper, just a couple of pins you have to short together. Use a screwdriver metal tip. Be sure to unplug the system from the wall outlet first.

Solution
Your PSU is below the minimum size for the 5600xt...I would start there.

The paper clip test doesn't prove anything besides the basic on/off function...it provides no information at all about the PSU ability to handle a load.

The cheaply made Asus A320M-E is also suspect but before looking at that you should address the PSU issue.