iwal29

Commendable
Mar 10, 2018
Recently, when I'm playing online games, my wifi disconnects. It says "no internet, secured."

I have a ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Gigabit LAN for my motherboard.

My pcie wifi card is a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV Bluetooth 4.2/Wireless AC/B/G/N Band Dual Frequency 2.4Ghz/5.8Ghz Expansion Card.

My router is a NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000).
I currently have an unactivated windows 10.

Yesterday, after I disconnected, I ran a trouble shoot and it said connection to gateway failure. I've reinstalled the drivers on my wifi card and even uninstalled windows updates. Does anyone have any suggestions.

kanewolf

Titan
Recently, when I'm playing online games, my wifi disconnects. It says "no internet, secured."

I have a ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Gigabit LAN for my motherboard.

My pcie wifi card is a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV Bluetooth 4.2/Wireless AC/B/G/N Band Dual Frequency 2.4Ghz/5.8Ghz Expansion Card.

My router is a NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000).
I currently have an unactivated windows 10.

Yesterday, after I disconnected, I ran a trouble shoot and it said connection to gateway failure. I've reinstalled the drivers on my wifi card and even uninstalled windows updates. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Have you tried moving the antenna around. Since that card comes with an antenna on coax, you can move it around.
Where is the router relative to your PC? Same room? Same floor? Or opposite end of the house 2 floors away?

iwal29

Commendable
Mar 10, 2018
Have you tried moving the antenna around. Since that card comes with an antenna on coax, you can move it around.
Where is the router relative to your PC? Same room? Same floor? Or opposite end of the house 2 floors away?
Currently I have the antenna on top of my PC. The router is on the same floor maybe 30-35ft away. My PC is right on top of my desk and my door is usually open, same with the room where the router is, so there is usually very little interference.