[SOLVED] Why does my ping spike up on laptop while gaming when other devices at my home use WIFI?

Jun 3, 2020
So earlier I used to play using WiFi on my PC and had to ask everyone else at home to refrain from using WiFi as it would generate ping spikes. A friend suggested me to use Ethernet connection to solve this ping issue. Yet, even though my laptop is connected to Ethernet the ping spikes upto 400-600ms and is a lot unstable when others use WIFI to watch youtube or browse.
Note that I use the same router for providing WiFi at home and Ethernet connection to my PC. How can I fix this issue?

Solution
So earlier I used to play using WiFi on my PC and had to ask everyone else at home to refrain from using WiFi as it would generate ping spikes. A friend suggested me to use Ethernet connection to solve this ping issue. Yet, even though my laptop is connected to Ethernet the ping spikes upto 400-600ms and is a lot unstable when others use WIFI to watch youtube or browse.
Note that I use the same router for providing WiFi at home and Ethernet connection to my PC. How can I fix this issue?
You may be limited by your WAN bandwidth. If the WIFI devices are streaming and using your WAN bandwidth then your traffic will have to wait.

kanewolf

Titan
You may be limited by your WAN bandwidth. If the WIFI devices are streaming and using your WAN bandwidth then your traffic will have to wait.

Solution