Question Why does my power supply make a clicking noise and not power on the PC?

Aug 4, 2019
I do NOT understand. Its been 2 weeks since I have tried posting and the same thing just happened from 2 weeks ago. I had a 450W psu and it made a click noise and didn't power up. I bought a 700W psu, did something to it IDK WHAT but it make my computer run for a few hours. Couldnt do anything because I needed to flash my bios in order for my 9th gen processor to work. SO that being said, I bought a Celeron G4900 in order to post the system, get into the bios, and flash update it. Well guess what? I CANT. MY PSU MAKES THE SAME CLICK NOISE AND MY CPU LIGHT TURNS ON FROM MY MOTHERBOARD!!! HELP?!?!?!?!

Aug 4, 2019
Full system specs?

New and old psu models?
Specs are this:
CPU: i5-9400F
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: 32gb corsair vengeance
PSU: 700W evga, previous one is 450W evga both bronze
Motherboard: b360-a-pro

SO.. what in the world do I do?! Its not the power supply, because I upgraded it to a much higher wattage than I need. LED from ez debug comes up on cpu.

Take a deep breath. Your post is hard to read, probably because you're so frustrated.

Its been 2 weeks since I have tried posting and the same thing just happened from 2 weeks ago.

Ok. What does this mean? This same problem happened two weeks ago, but then the PC started working properly again and now it's doing the same thing as before?

I had a 450W psu and it made a click noise and didn't power up. I bought a 700W psu, did something to it IDK WHAT but it make my computer run for a few hours. Couldnt do anything because I needed to flash my bios in order for my 9th gen processor to work. SO that being said, I bought a Celeron G4900 in order to post the system, get into the bios, and flash update it. Well guess what? I CANT. MY PSU MAKES THE SAME CLICK NOISE AND MY CPU LIGHT TURNS ON FROM MY MOTHERBOARD!!! HELP?!?!?!?!

What is the "CPU light"? There's a standby light on your board. Is that what you mean? When the PSU "clicks", do any of the lights on the motherboard go out?

Aug 4, 2019
Take a deep breath. Your post is hard to read, probably because you're so frustrated.

Ok. What does this mean? This same problem happened two weeks ago, but then the PC started working properly again and now it's doing the same thing as before?

What is the "CPU light"? There's a standby light on your board. Is that what you mean? When the PSU "clicks", do any of the lights on the motherboard go out?
Reseated everything in PC, fans are spinning, but yes there is a standby light on my motherboard from "EZ Debug LED" right next to cpu. I have bought a new cpu and put it in this motherboard instead of my i5-9400F, I switched it to a Celeron G4900 to flash the bios because I thought that was the main problem. BUT NOOOOO... THIS BUILD DOESNT GET ANY EASIER.

Aug 4, 2019
Reseated everything in PC, fans are spinning, but yes there is a standby light on my motherboard from "EZ Debug LED" right next to cpu. I have bought a new cpu and put it in this motherboard instead of my i5-9400F, I switched it to a Celeron G4900 to flash the bios because I thought that was the main problem. BUT NOOOOO... THIS BUILD DOESNT GET ANY EASIER.
Also, MY GPU LIGHTS ARE ON, NO FANS SPINNING.

A loud clicking sound usually means that either the drive is trying to read data off of a faulty disc, or one of the moving parts like the small electric motor or the laser track is faulty. Luckily, a failing CD drive isn't an immediate, “back up your data now” problem like a failing hard drive.

The click could be the PSU latching. But if it's latching and the +5VSB is still live, then it's not a short circuit. But two different PSUs with the same results tells me that it's not the PSU. There's something else "dead" in that PC.