[SOLVED] Why does my Samsung V-NAND SSD 860 EVO 4TB reads as a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB SCSI?

Dec 27, 2020
Why does my Samsung V-NAND SSD 860 EVO 4TB reads as a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB SCSI? When I hook it up it reads as a scsi and I can't do anything with it because I need it to read as a sata drive in my win10 system.

Solution
but it reads like a 500GB SCSI drive. I don't have connections for scsi
Have you plugged it internally anywhere? If so, does it show up at 500 as well, or 3.8TB or w/e?

Also, where did you buy it from? I remember back when 1tb SSDs first came around, some bad actors that sell on Amazon (as in the products that aren't "shipped and sold by Amazon") and especially eBay would perfectly unseal the package, swap out the 1tb controllers for 120 or 250 and perfectly reseal the package and resell for full price.

Palorim12

Distinguished
but it reads like a 500GB SCSI drive. I don't have connections for scsi
Have you plugged it internally anywhere? If so, does it show up at 500 as well, or 3.8TB or w/e?

Also, where did you buy it from? I remember back when 1tb SSDs first came around, some bad actors that sell on Amazon (as in the products that aren't "shipped and sold by Amazon") and especially eBay would perfectly unseal the package, swap out the 1tb controllers for 120 or 250 and perfectly reseal the package and resell for full price.

Solution