Question Why does my screen have vertical coloured lines after installing a new CPU and SSD?

WeinerGursk

Honorable
Mar 17, 2016
SPECS:
GTX 1070 MSI
R5 5600X (brand new)
16GB (8x2) Corsair LPX Vengeance 3200MHz
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming Motherboard (brand new)
120gb sandisk ssdplus (boot drive)
1tb WD Blue HDD
480GB Kingston A400 SSD
1TB M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 980 (brand new)
MSI MPG A850GF 80 plus gold PSU (brand new)

After upgrading to a R5 5600X, and putting in an M.2 NVME SSD, my PC now has faint vertical lines for about 5-10 minutes before being completely covered by vertical coloured lines that roughly move and correspond with the actual colours on screen at an epic 155fps! I installed them both about 4 hours ago and had to use a USB to update my motherboard BIOS to get it working. Then it wouldn't recognise half my drives including the boot drive, so after a while of replugging SATA caables in different configurations it finally worked. Then when I thought it was all working, I gently positioned my PC back into place and suddenly the screen was covered in the lines. I've tried reinstalling GPU drivers, I've installed a more stable BIOS update, I've reseated the GPU along with every other cable in the system. Also, I haven't noticed any faint lines in the BIOS. Researching it online is a pain because there are so many variations of the issue with so many different causes. Please help.

Last edited: