Dec 11, 2020
Hi all, I'm new here so if there is some sort of decorum here I am unaware. My homemade PC has been having an issue lately. Any time I go to play a game, usually from Steam (although games outside Steam face the same issue), my screen has been going black at random intervals. It usually starts happening straight away, and the screen can go black for about 10 seconds. This could happen once every 5 minutes or 10 times in 1 minute, it wildly varies. My specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8Gb
Power Supply is MWE Cooler Master 600W

One thing I have noticed is that my GPU temperatures can reach as high as 70C playing games. I have tried everything: limiting my fps, uninstalling and redownloading AMD Radeon (GPU Driver), physically cleaning the GPU with a light duster, even restarting my computer. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me and hopefully help solve my problem?
Thanks so much :)
-Patrick

Edit: It might be helpful to know that this problem only began to arise about 4 or 5 days ago.
Edit 2: My AMD Radeon software is the latest update, I made sure of it.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new here so if there is some sort of decorum here I am unaware. My homemade PC has been having an issue lately. Any time I go to play a game, usually from Steam (although games outside Steam face the same issue), my screen has been going black at random intervals. It usually starts happening straight away, and the screen can go black for about 10 seconds. This could happen once every 5 minutes or 10 times in 1 minute, it wildly varies. My specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8Gb
Power Supply is MWE Cooler Master 600W

One thing I have noticed is that my GPU temperatures can reach as high as 70C playing games. I have tried everything: limiting my fps, uninstalling and redownloading AMD Radeon (GPU Driver), physically cleaning the GPU with a light duster, even restarting my computer. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me and hopefully help solve my problem?
Thanks so much :)
-Patrick

Edit: It might be helpful to know that this problem only began to arise about 4 or 5 days ago.
Hello and welcome to the forums

can you do a clean install of your GPU drivers?

Can you try the following: do you have another gpu you can lend/steal/use/... to see if the issue als o happens with a different gpu?
Can you do the same with your monitor?

this will save us much troubleshooting hassle

Dec 11, 2020
Hello and welcome to the forums

can you do a clean install of your GPU drivers?

Can you try the following: do you have another gpu you can lend/steal/use/... to see if the issue als o happens with a different gpu?

this will save us much troubleshooting hassle
Thanks for the reply! How might I perform a clean install of my GPU drivers? Also I do have a spare monitor but no spare GPU unfortunately. I'm sure I could borrow a friends? Thanks again, will report back once I have tried the monitor at least.

Okay so I did the clean download thingy of my drivers, launched cyberpunk and within 10 seconds of loading in it happened again. This is really frustrating :( Any other ideas?
good that you tried though, now we can rule out a software issue, next would be what i suggested in my first post:

"Can you try the following: do you have another gpu you can lend/steal/use/... to see if the issue als o happens with a different gpu?

this will save us much troubleshooting hassle"

Dec 11, 2020
good that you tried though, now we can rule out a software issue, next would be what i suggested in my first post:

"Can you try the following: do you have another gpu you can lend/steal/use/... to see if the issue als o happens with a different gpu?

this will save us much troubleshooting hassle"
I will try the other monitor I own, but keep in mind it is quite old.