Question Why does my SSD hit 100% with 0 read/write speed while gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2023
My computer keeps on freezing when I load up games which sit on my new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB), which doubles as my boot drive, forcing me to restart my pc. It's been working fine for anything else aside for games which sit on it. The games I have tried are Apex Legends and Warhammer: Vermintide II. I ended up moving Apex Legends to my other SSD and it's been working fine.

My best theory as to why this is happening is because my motherboard only supports up to PCIe 2.0 x 4 whereas the SSD is PCIe 3.0 x 4, however on Samsung Magician it says under "Drive Details" that the interface is PCIe Gen .2 x 4.

I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling my graphics drivers, updating the firmware for the SSD (it was already up to date) and neither of these have helped in anyway.

Specs:
Motherboard - ASRock H310m ITX/ac
CPU - Intel i7-9700F
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
The SSD causing the issues - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB
RAM - Kingston 9905622-058.A00G 2x8GB

I've opened task manager before it froze and this is the result (sorry for the poor image quality):
IMG_2068.jpg

(Under processes when it begins to start freezing it says that disk is at 33%, and when sorting by highest to lowest the thing taking the most only takes 0.1MB/s)

The SSD at idle:
ssd1.PNG

CrystalDiskInfo:
ssd2.PNG

Samsung Magician Dashboard:
ssd4.PNG

Samsung Magician Details:
ssd3.PNG

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! (Apologies that this is so sloppy, first time posting)

My computer keeps on freezing when I load up games which sit on my new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB), which doubles as my boot drive, forcing me to restart my pc. It's been working fine for anything else aside for games which sit on it. The games I have tried are Apex Legends and Warhammer: Vermintide II. I ended up moving Apex Legends to my other SSD and it's been working fine.

My best theory as to why this is happening is because my motherboard only supports up to PCIe 2.0 x 4 whereas the SSD is PCIe 3.0 x 4, however on Samsung Magician it says under "Drive Details" that the interface is PCIe Gen .2 x 4.

I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling my graphics drivers, updating the firmware for the SSD (it was already up to date) and neither of these have helped in anyway.

Specs:
Motherboard - ASRock H310m ITX/ac
CPU - Intel i7-9700F
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
The SSD causing the issues - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB
RAM - Kingston 9905622-058.A00G 2x8GB

I've opened task manager before it froze and this is the result (sorry for the poor image quality):
IMG_2068.jpg

(Under processes when it begins to start freezing it says that disk is at 33%, and when sorting by highest to lowest the thing taking the most only takes 0.1MB/s)

The SSD at idle:
ssd1.PNG

CrystalDiskInfo:
ssd2.PNG

Samsung Magician Dashboard:
ssd4.PNG

Samsung Magician Details:
ssd3.PNG

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! (Apologies that this is so sloppy, first time posting)
You might want to look at the D drive and see what the CDI caution flag is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.