[SOLVED] Why does my SSD seem to show more space than I actually have?

Jan 3, 2020
I am using an MSI laptop with a 256GB SSD (SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-00000). Just factory reset last night and had 200GB of free space on SSD. Went to try and install Modern Warfare, which is a recommended 175GB free hard drive space, and some how ran out of room. I don't know if it is just that the game is larger than 175GB or if there is something wrong with my SSD. Any help would be great as for whatever reason my HDD sucks at running games.

Solution
You might try typing "Disk Cleanup" in the search bar next to the windows icon (bottom left). Then click "clean up system files". Oftentimes, you can free up quite a lot of space by cleaning up Windows Update temp files junk.

I think it's insane that the installer wants 175GB free to play around with when the actual game size is around 60GB.
You might try typing "Disk Cleanup" in the search bar next to the windows icon (bottom left). Then click "clean up system files". Oftentimes, you can free up quite a lot of space by cleaning up Windows Update temp files junk.

I think it's insane that the installer wants 175GB free to play around with when the actual game size is around 60GB.

Solution