[SOLVED] Why does my steam game(f1 2021) have bad quality when i start the game and when i go to my home screen after, everything is zoomed and has bad quality

Oct 15, 2021
My dad restarted the power when i was mid-race, my pc turned off and started up again. everything was fine except that it took a little bit longer time to boot, but when i opened steam it said that something were not saved. and then it aksed if i wanted to save files local or at steam cloud, i chose steam cloud. when i later started f1 2021, the game had like 480p. before the power cut out, i had 1080p. then when i exited the game because i didnt want to play on 480p, everything was zoomed and had 480p too. when i restarted my pc everything was fine until i opened f1 2021 again. thats when everything happend again and everything gets like 480p. what is the problem and what can i do?

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Most likely when the power was cut one or more files were corrupted.

Start by reinstalling the game and the GPU drivers.

Manually download as necessary via the respective manufacturer's websites. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that, try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Most likely when the power was cut one or more files were corrupted.

Start by reinstalling the game and the GPU drivers.

Manually download as necessary via the respective manufacturer's websites. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that, try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Solution