[SOLVED] Why does my system bluescreen - every single day?

Dudersaurus

Reputable
May 14, 2016
I'll start with system specs, i guess

470 Aorus Ultra Gaming motherboard (bios F6)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz
32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
MSI Ventus 2080Ti RTX
860 EVO 250gb SSD

other addons
Oculus Rift S
Creative Stage Air under monitor bluetooth soundbar
Razer black widow chroma v2 Keyboard
tplink archer ax3000 wifi6/bt5 pcie adaptor

Possibly other things i've missed, really not sure what you guys need.
Im also in the fast ring of the insider preview

So, the problem is an odd one.. when i turn on my pc, it WILL bluescreen (with a Driver Power State Failure) within the first 5 minutes of operation. I can force the problem to go away (until the next day) by forcing a system reset after the Aorus logo goes away.

things ive noticed..
when i turn on the pc, the razer synapse software doesnt seem to load - the lights on the keyboard dont light up. Also, the soundbar will say "searching for device to connect".. forcing a reset or waiting for the bluescreen then rebooting results in everything working fine... (on the second boot the system is more than happy being on for days without a crash, but turn it off for an hour or two and this bluescreen thing happens again.

i thought it might have been an issue with the bluetooth connection so i bought the pcie card listed above and that didnt help.. i thought it was the gfx card, so i swapped out from a 1660Ti to the 2080Ti and still the same issues... i thought i might be the powersupply so i swapped that out too... nothing seems to work

I dont know where to look from here so I thought I'd ask you amazing people if you had any ideas...

Dudersaurus

Reputable
May 14, 2016
why the old bios?
make and model of the psu?

its a cx750m coolermaster 750w psu
as for the bios, the last i looked into fixing this bsod issue, i updated to the latest bios revisions, i guess that was jan last year..

its only become a sore point again as i've just upgraded the memory to 32gb and now the dump file creation is so slow.

i'll update the bios today and get back to you with any results..

thanks for replying to me :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Im also in the fast ring of the insider preview
here is another possible cause of BSOD - drivers not always guaranteed to work with bleeding edge win 10.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Reactions: Dudersaurus
Jul 14, 2020
I used to face that on my ASUS laptop a couple of months back. Updating all my drivers fixed it for me. It took a while for the updated to be available though. One of the Windows updated had ruined it for me. I could not wait for it to create dumps so had it turned off.

Dudersaurus

Reputable
May 14, 2016
i'll update the bios today and get back to you with any results..

I updated the bios incrementally until i got to the newest... the bios is now only a few days old. Also, while doing this, i updated the firmware of the ssd too...

One of those updates seems to have fixed things but I cant be too sure.. Thata the problem with intermittent issues.. I'll monitor things and report back again tomorrow....

thank you all for your input, i honestly am a little embarrassed that it was something as simple as a bios update....

I'll report again tomorrow, but for now, thank you again

Dudersaurus

Reputable
May 14, 2016
Thank you again all who took the time to help me.. turns out it was a simple problem... i feel embarrassed i left the problem for so long, given the ease of the solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Updating BIOS isn't something I would do unless you are
  • On the original BIOS for motherboard
  • About 5+ versions behind latest""
  • Or are having other problems that might be caused by having an old bios.

** there are always cases where updating to latest isn't ideal, especially on some AMD motherboard/CPU combos

As there are risks associated with updating firmware on hardware.